WTF Community

Day 364

Updated 1/18/2018 10:35 AM PST

1/ Trump will back a short-term funding legislation after causing confusion on Twitter. Hours earlier Trump tweeted: "CHIP should be part of a long term solution, not a 30 Day, or short term, extension!" By calling for a separate, long-term extension of the Children's Health Insurance Program, Trump contradicted the Republican legislative strategy with less than 48 hours before a shutdown. The Republican proposal included a six-year extension of CHIP as part of their short-term spending bill, which would fund the government through February 16. (Politico / Washington Post / New York Times)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2018/01/18/day-364/

Hmm… :thinking:

NBC News reported last night that Mueller OK’d them having the same lawyer.

1 Like

Not newsworthy other than the extreme schadenfreude it inspires but…

Seb Gorka, notable Trump White House and Campaign Alumni, has an arrest warrant out in Hungary.

1 Like

The best way to prevent all future government shut-downs is to pass a law that Congress doesn’t get paid if & when there is a shut-down. Then maybe we’d see them get some work done, ya think? It’s a (bad) joke, as things stand.
They don’t care enough about the inconvenience of real working Americans, including military & vets.

Re Gorka: “All the best people…” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

While the government is likely to shut down, Trump will be holding a $100,000/ticket inauguration anniversary celebration. For $250,000, a couple can also participate in a roundtable.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-19/trump-marks-one-year-anniversary-with-gala-benefit-at-mar-a-lago

:unamused::unamused::unamused:

3 Likes

So . . . with 13 business hours to government shutdown, Trump’s ass is heading to Mar-a-lago for a $100,000 - $250,000 per plate party, proceeds going to . . . well . . . Trump. Basically, party through the RNC. Yeah.

Anybody got a dry suit that can go over formal wear or something so I can sneak in and watch these people choke on the world’s most expensive overcooked chicken?

2 Likes

…oh, if only he would. [choke] My joy would be irrepressible!

1 Like

He’s such a pathetic piece of garbage. :zipper_mouth_face: Don’t get me started!

1 Like

That’s because he didn’t get invited to this party👇

45208A25-D256-4687-B3C4-E167C2ABFE58

5 Likes

But the lawyer is also a witness, which is prima facie conflict of interest. In some cases that can be overcome, and I’m sure they’ll do some clever legal dance to try.