WTF Community

Day 375

trump sure is legendary…for his utter lack of manners, empathy, common sense, decency, honesty, etc etc! I never thought I’d see such a sub-human walking the earth, much less living in the White House.

that’s such an amazing detail.

2 Likes

Well ok then :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Let me get this straight, so the Republican Party and Trump want to release a memo that a Republican member of the house wrote about a Republican appointed member of the Trump DOJ, looking into the extension of an investigation of another Republican, who was formerly part of the Trump campaign because they think it will look bad for the Russia Investigation and therefore Democrats? Is that correct? :thinking:

4 Likes

In the words of Jon Favreau (Pod Save America, not the director):

Oh and yea, this…

2 Likes

Somebody PLEASE make this nightmare stop!? :scream:

1 Like

Good News:
Today, the Senate failed to pass a measure that would make abortions after 20 weeks illegal. Phew!

4 Likes

Thanks, I needed a glimmer of good news. Look forward to much much more-

1 Like

@mouseam Schiff on the record

And also holy shit! What did they just do!! This is bat-shit-crazysauce!

3 Likes

Trying to derail Mueller’s investigation by throwing so much shit at the wall & hoping that some might stick. Almost make me long for a third-world government…:roll_eyes: not that we’re far off with twittler?

Trump reportedly erupted in anger aboard Air Force One when he learned that a top Justice Department official advised against releasing the memo, warning Jeff Sessions and others that they need to excel at their jobs or go down as the worst in history.

Yeah, too late for that, you guys.

1 Like

Some people just don’t seem to know when they totally suck, or when the ship they’re on has an iceberg cutting a hole in the side.

1 Like

@Pet_Proletariat: did you hear Schiff’s interview on Maddow last night? he’s usually extremely measured and even-tempered, but last night his tone was clearly alarmed and concerned and was certainly way more talkative than usual. i was for sure left with an unnerving feeling afterwards.

2 Likes

@mouseam I didn’t see it, I don’t have cable. I’ll have to find a clip to watch. This is so crazy!

Same here. :unamused: “left with an unnerving feeling afterwards.” (<quote from Mouseam)

Transcript from the meeting where they voted to release the memo has been released!

4 Likes

Ok I am pretty well shitfaced in an airport bc airports are literal hell on earth, but to summarize, only two ppl (Schiff and Gowdy) had been able to read the memo at the time of the vote? Were the rest not allowed to see it or just chose not to?

(p 25)

And only once the Rep majority had voted to release their TheMemo™️ did Schiff reluctantly ask to also release the minority (Dem) memo refuting and outlining the misstated “facts” of the majority memo, just so the House and public would not be misled? (Schiff was clearly uncomfortable releasing any of them, but since he/the Dem minority couldnt control the release of TheMemo™️ he at least wanted the public to see the other side.)

!

!

!

Also, the Dems did not seem to know that the FBI/DOJ was under inveatigation until this very conversation?

And this just cracked me up, did the chairman try to call for help from a Republican colleague who just stayed silent?:joy_cat:

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

I also heard trump mis-stating as if the [campaign] money McCabe’s wife got actually went to McCabe himself!? AAaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!