WTF Community

Day 400

Updated 2/23/2018 9:40 AM PST

1/ Rick Gates will plead guilty to conspiracy and making false statements and will cooperate with Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 election, according to a letter Gates gave to family and close friends. Gates' plea indicates he plans to admit to taking part in a conspiracy to hide tens of millions of dollars he and Paul Manafort obtained for their lobbying and consulting work related to Ukraine. Gates could offer incriminating information against Manafort or other members of the Trump campaign in exchange for a lighter punishment. (New York Times / Politico / Washington Post / ABC News)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2018/02/23/day-400/
1 Like

Links to original docs reference/archive purposes:

On another note, holy-headline! :point_down:t3:

2 Likes

Wait…there’s MORE Manafort indictments today?!

New Charges against Manafort 2/23/18:
• Conspiracy against the U.S.
• Conspiracy to launder money
• Unregistered foreign agent
• False and misleading FARA statements
• False statements

https://www.justice.gov/file/1038741/download

2 Likes

UGH. I just sent the newsletter

1 Like

There are schools that have dropped down to 4 day weeks, because they can’t afford to pay their teachers for a full week of classes. Maybe we should worry about our kids’ education before we worry about spending money to arm teachers. There are other ways to fix the school shooting problem.

1 Like

Ajit Pai recieved an award from the NRA for his role in overturning Net Neutrality. Since part of the award is a handmade long gun and weapons are not allowed a CPAC where the award was presented it will remain in the NRA museum until Pai can collect it.

A more colorful take:

1 Like

Here is the only actual article I found so far (but confirmed by NBC too). I totally wish there was a way to turn tweets into articles, it would make life so much easier. Because I have like 546454 tweets about it lol.

But, it’s posted on the Special Counsel’s site tho: Special Counsel's Office | Department of Justice

2 Likes