WTF Community

Day 403

Updated 2/26/2018 9:19 AM PST

1/ The Supreme Court rejected the Trump administration's request to skip the appeals court process and review a district court judge's ruling requiring the administration to resume renewals of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. In September, Trump announced that he would shut down DACA on March 5, but two federal judges ordered the administration to allow people to renew their protected status while legal challenges move forward. DACA shields some 700,000 young, undocumented immigrants from deportation. (New York Times / Politico / Washington Post)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2018/02/26/day-403/
2 Likes

(Typo Patrol here: It’s Devin Nunes. He’s insisting on pronouncing it ‘Noon -ez’, it’s spelled like ‘Noons’, and probably a derivation of Nuñez, but he spells it with an ‘s’. FWIW)

Corporal Bone Spurs has done nothing in his life to show any courage so I strongly doubt he’d do anything of the sort. He’s always struck me as the kind of person that loves to take the credit for other’s successes while happily throwing anybody under the bus that fails. There’s past presidents I could see running into the line of fire - he’s not one of them.

Clearly only teachers that care about their students are the ones that are armed.

But every day, hope springs anew for me… :wink:
He even said he’d have done it with only his bare hands! -what a load of B.S.!

2 Likes

Every day since the election exhausts me. However, I see glimmers of hope😬

1 Like

Precisely what I meant (above). :wink:

1 Like

I always assumed that “Nunes” rhymes with “Looney Tunes”. And I have so little respect for the guy that I honestly will never care how he wants it pronounced.

In any event, the trump/GOP-war on DACA is once-again stymied…for that, I am happy.

Thanks. It was fixed shortly after publishing.

I wish he had run into the school during the shooting. That would have solved one of this country’s biggest problems.

3 Likes