WTF Community

Day 405

Yes, and I think there will be more “tell-all” books coming out too. They’ll have to play their flash-in-the-pan fame for all it’s worth while they can. But mainstream “honest” employers might be hard to find…

Sessions has quickly responded on this today, so there’s hope. Nothing I’d enjoy more than for someone to really give trump the tongue-lashing he deserves, but we’ll have to wait for that.

Choked me up & eyes leaking…couldn’t hurt to send Young the video? I would.

1 Like

Finally!!

5 Likes

Just remember that a good prosecutor doesn’t ask a question when he doesn’t already know the answer.
That we are reading this now suggests to me that Mueller is “setting the table” for the trump interview…
he wants this out there for the “squirm” factor.

The more we learn, the more I doubt this anecdote from the NY Times.

Up until this came out, I firmly believe that while Sessions may be an extremely hateful person, I never thought he was corrupt - there is a very distinct difference. The “one-negative-news-article-per-day” story obviously directly contradicts that, but I’m beginning to doubt it’s validity. Now it’s not to say that some variation of this didn’t exist (i.e. it might be that Trump wanted Sessions to do that, etc.).

Sessions’ reaction to Trump’s latest attacks today, I think continues to add to this argument.

3 Likes

Hitler’s gun control policy was to specifically disarm Jews, ie disqualify them from gun ownership. This is not unlike America’s policies which disqualify African Americans from gun ownership, by turning drug-holders into felons.

1 Like

There are some pretty amazing protests happening right now in San Francisco - check out #ICEoutofCA on Twitter.

Hear, hear, Amy.

Hitler took everything. He destroyed all of their books, took their livelihood by declaring a boycott on businesses run by Jews, denied their civil rights by ordering the police and courts not to protect them. He took away the right to take exams which would qualify them as doctors or lawyers, or to serve in the military, He denied them the right to vote, to receive benefit payments, to enjoy public parks, to have electrical equipment , bicycles or typewriters, to complete their University educations, to go to the movies, the theater, beaches, to have their own names (women had to add Sarah to their names and men had to add Israel). He destroyed their synagogues, removed children from day schools, confiscated radios and telephones. He imposed a curfew on them, flagged their passports, forced them to wear a yellow star of David and forbade them to have dogs, cats or birds. Finally, he deprived them of eggs and milk, any warm coats, and their lives. I’m not sure at what point he forbade them to own guns, but it seems to gets lost among all of the other losses.

I look at Trump’s administration and what they’re doing. They’re pulling back on research grants, financial support for students who want a college degree, environmental regulations, trade regulations, net neutrality - again, items we have taken for granted but which afford us a certain amount of confidence in the future of mankind. They lack common decency standards when it comes to any gender identification except traditional males, most non-white races and a lot of religions. It seems as if the only thing they encourage may be gun ownership at this point and while that may seem like a right we are entitled to, there are quite a few more that I’d rather have (insert Preamble and Amendment 1). Courtesy, decency, and most of all, respect, seem to be the exception and not the norm. And honesty? I’m not sure anybody in Trump’s administration understands that concept. If allowed to remain in office long enough, I’m sure some of those other privileges would disappear. The man places no value on the arts or on literature. As I wrote elsewhere, he seems to be promoting de-evolution (yes, there is such a term).

I have nothing but pure hatred towards Hitler and the Nazis, but at least among their own, they still showed civility and respect. They valued the arts. Hitler, himself was well read. I cannot think of anything redeeming about Trump.

Reference: anecdotal from Holocaust survivors I’ve met, Anti-Jewish decrees

1 Like

Trump is WTF Just Happened Today’s muse.

1 Like

Well said!

As CNN likes to say…In breaking news, Hope Hicks resigns!!

A deal with Mueller certainly doesn’t sound that outlandish at this point.

1 Like

Me neither! But I stand by calling him “twittler” for the way he sows disrespect & hate, even if that’s an upgrade?

1 Like

Oh sure, just a coincidence. :smirk:

That would be my guess, it sounds like a trump directive to me too.

1 Like

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I long for the day when this site is no longer relevant. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So many shoes dropping, like it’s an octopus. Hicks resigns, Gates cops a plea, Manafort pleads Not Guilty (prison preferred over Russian assassination), Kushner is called out, fraud is rampant ($26m for an Inauguration Designer? Flying 1st class because the public hates you?), rumors of firings, infighting (Javanka vs. Kelly), DJT half-heartedly taking on the NRA, and on and on and on. The last refuge they have left is to try and divert the populace over to the Deep State conspiracies and supposed FISA violations, which, like everything else, has no basis in truth or reality. To the casual observer, it sort of looks like the whole thing is going to collapse onto itself before Mueller even has a chance to indict a single Trump. And it does seem that Mueller has plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy with Russia and WikiLeaks. Along with the secondary avenue of Money Laundering, it should make everyone question how we can allow a person to be president if they have a criminal background.?

Hicks saying she’s been thinking of leaving for months…

Hasn’t she only been in her role for a few months?