WTF Community

Day 411

I had referenced CNN and The Washington Post above and now NYTimes and The Hill have published articles as well:

I meant for the Roger Stone comment.

Oops :confused:

The source for Stone was Stone’s comments in this CNN segment yesterday: Roger Stone distances himself from Nunberg - CNN Video

1 Like

whoa. completely missed this! weird!

Thanks Amy!

And here I thought the President George Bush Turnpike in Texas was bad.

1 Like

Utah would be wise to wait & see how all this turns out before they waste their money on the signs. Unless it terminates in a sewage treatment facility? That would be appropriate. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nah, we should kick these guys out on their asses. Bunch of freeloaders living off the government. They need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

5 Likes

Felt like I was watching Homeland when this was going down.

Or sobered up. :smirk:

3 Likes

Haha. Once he woke up with his hangover, and listened to his messages

1 Like

More than likely, his father figure either read him the riot act or made it clear he didn’t appreciate Nunberg’s efforts. In one interview I saw, Stone tried to distance himself from Nunberg and said that had Nunberg consulted him, he would have told him he was being foolish for thinking he could get away with ignoring the subpoena. But he also implied that this might be a case of unrequited love and that Nunberg’s affection for him might not be reciprocated. He seemed genuinely confused by Nunberg’s deep affection towards him. Or he did a great job hiding it which, according to several commentators, would not have been surprising. Apparently, both Stone and Nunberg have a history of manipulating the public to think a certain way.