WTF Community

Day 411

Updated 3/6/2018 9:24 AM PST

1/ Trump tweets "there is no chaos" in the White House, but there are "some people that I want to change" because he is "always seeking perfection." The tweet comes a week after Trump called Jeff Sessions "disgraceful," Hope Hicks resigned, and Jared Kushner's security clearance was downgraded. (Washington Post / CNBC)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2018/03/06/day-411/
2 Likes

After announcing earlier that day his intention to defy a grand-jury subpoena he says he received in the Russia investigation (“Arrest me,” he’d dared prosecutors), the former Trump aide had spent the day conducting a manic media blitz—popping up on multiple cable-news programs, granting interviews to dozens of journalists, and hijacking the news cycle with a car-crash procession of blustery soundbites. Legal experts were warning that his failure to cooperate with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation could put him in serious legal jeopardy—but at this moment, it seemed, Nunberg was in a celebratory mood.

Nunberg’s own explanation for his behavior was so simplistic and strange that it was hard to take at face value: After being ordered to hand over his past private correspondence with several former Trump advisers, he said, he was sorting through his inbox Monday morning and determined that complying with the subpoena would be an intolerable hassle. After all, he explained, “I have a life.”

2 Likes

Today he says he will comply. Crazy.

he must have finally picked up his lawyer’s phone call…

2 Likes

Paul Ryan sleeps in a cot in his office? That’s #sad. Dude, you are Speaker of the House, spring for a tiny studio at least. So unprofessional. :woman_facepalming:t2:

The practice reaches the highest levels of Congress. Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) are among the dozens of members who sleep in their offices overnight. Estimates of how many do it range from 40-plus to more than 100. And while the list skews heavily Republican and male, some women and Democrats do it, too.

“I get up very early in the morning. I work out. I work until about 11:30 at night. I go to bed. And I do the same thing the next day,” Ryan said in 2015 when asked whether he would continue sleeping in his office after becoming speaker. “It actually makes me more efficient. I can actually get more work done by sleeping on a cot in my office.”

3 Likes

In a way, I can sympathize with Ryan, as fighting traffic in D.C.* wastes time & energy…but maybe they should be charged a bit of rent, at least to cover for the extra utilities that he & others are using. (*I worked there many moons ago & even then, I preferred the night shifts for that reason, although sleeping in was not an option, lol…) And you know, many of these same lawmakers want anyone sleeping on a park bench hauled in to jail, so let’s be fair? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I don’t see a big difference between that & a public building, do you? Just the visibility…

As for Nunberg: it’s better to be silent & thought a fool than to open one’s mouth & remove all doubt.

3 Likes

If the allegations are true, Kelleyanne Conway, should step aside. :smirk:

3 Likes

:tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

This should NOT be up to POTUS to decide “appropriate disciplinary action” because, duh, Conway’s illegal actions were a benefit to the trump family & their allies. It stinks to high heaven, just like the entire trump so-called presidency.

3 Likes

I was making a humorous comment, also known as a joke. :smirk:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Ya think? :wink:

4 Likes

How related do you think these two stories are?

followed by:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/special-counsel-has-examined-episodes-involving-michael-cohen-trumps-longtime-lawyer/2018/03/06/4a2bd064-1b37-11e8-b2d9-08e748f892c0_story.html?utm_term=.3b60add3277e

4 Likes

It’s all about that Steele Dossier. :grimacing:

2 Likes
1 Like

4 Likes

omg you just made my day :joy_cat: #shitpostingtime

2 Likes

This story didn’t make the WTF cut (although it was featured in thecut.com), but it has to be one of my favorite of the day. Apparently, the Utah Republican Rep wants to rename a major highway that runs through the state the Donald J. Trump Highway. In response, one of the Democratic State Senators suggested they also rename the frontage road the Stormy Daniels Rampway. (Also reported by The Washington Post and CNN).

3 Likes

Any sources?