WTF Community

Day 424

No, sorry. Please just take it as “food for thought”, not a quote.

Let’s refrain from speculating on speculation…

1 Like

I’ll take Maths for 800, Trebek

50% of WTFJHT readers are 100% satisfied

2 Likes

I cannot recall the date or source of hearing the term “deep state” but it was before the election and I associated it with the far right so I didn’t go down a rabbit hole to define it or determine it’s roots. A friend who read and quoted “Reddit” a lot used the term and I knew or felt pretty quickly it was coming from the conspiracy theory crowd. This poll smells a bit. I venture I could walk into my local coffee shop and ask 10 people what “deep state” is and I’d get a WTF look, unless they also watched FOX news.

2 Likes

Sure, if you’re talking about all of the powerful special interest lobbies that basically have all branches of government by the collective balls, then yeah, I will give that a pass.

Sadly, there’s this:

If it’s not the so-called “Deep State”, it’s the “Globalists”, “obstructionist Democrats”, Obama, “the alt-left”, the FBI, the Mueller investigation, multiculturalism, China, North Korea, “fake news”, “liberal media”, or “accusers”. Take your pick. Poor, poor Donnie, everybody’s out to get him. Nothing’s ever his fault. He’s just an honest businessman and great guy that’s trying to MAGA but everybody’s out to bring him down because “reasons”.

Even though Trump hired many of these so-called Deep State actors directly, or his cabinet is beholden to their whims.

But yeah, nuance was never a strong suit of Trump or his followers.

2 Likes

Just another :eggplant:move by the :eggplant: President through his :eggplant: man! Will the nightmare ever end?

:point_up_2:yes please share that reporting. Good job buddy!

1 Like

You’re adding the wrong numbers.

27% (definitely exists) + 47% (probably exist) = 74% of people who believe that a group of unelected gov’t and military officials (aka the “deep state”) manipulate policy. I don’t know what you think is inaccurate about the statement.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/documents/monmouthpoll_us_031918.pdf/

1 Like

Sessions himself has lied under oath more than once. There is some speculation that he is cooperating w/ Mueller on some level so he can remain in his position & help Mueller at the same time he angles for a more favorable outcome for himself when everything hits the fan. I think I believe that: Mueller has not shied away from charging any of the others who’ve lied (etc), and Sessions wants nothing more than to inflict his agenda on the country for as long as he can. Sessions may want trump in power but he wouldn’t have recused himself if he didn’t have at least some sense of self-preservation. I guess we’ll see?

1 Like

The number is 27 % then.

I was looking at results for a different question that coincidentally added up to 74%. Thanks for the clarification.