WTF Community

Day 425

Updated 3/20/2018 10:39 AM PDT

1/ Trump has discussed firing one of his lawyers, while another is contemplating resignation. Ty Cobb, who has urged Trump to cooperate with Mueller's investigation, appears to be on the chopping block, while John Dowd has considered leaving the team because Trump ignores his legal advice. Trump tweeted that he's "VERY happy with my lawyers, John Dowd, Ty Cobb and Jay Sekulow," despite recently met with Emmet Flood, the lawyer who represented Bill Clinton during impeachment proceedings. Trump also added Joseph E. diGenova to his legal team on Monday, a regular Fox News commentator who has suggested that the FBI and Justice Department conspired to deny Trump his "civil rights." (New York Times)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2018/03/20/day-425/
1 Like

And if you believe that, I have this bridge in Brooklyn I could sell you (or maybe a condo in Manhattan?)

1 Like

Yep. Itā€™s there (as soon as the site updates, at least)

2 Likes
2 Likes

Matt - Love your new ā€œDepartmentsā€ section! Ha! And thanks for the link on how to archive your Facebook posts to your local computer before deleting your account.

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what happens to furniture that government officials purchase once their term is complete?. Does Carson get to keep this dining room set? Sometimes, I just cannot believe the greed in this administration. I wonder if when they were offered their positions, the appointees were all focused on what they could get out of the positions that would personally benefit themselves rather than considering how their work might benefit the country. Hell, Iā€™d be happy with a $3000 dining room set. And Iā€™m sure I could find one that wouldnā€™t break when you sat on it. How big do you have to be to break a chair from sitting on it? Unless it was made for a small bear and your name is Goldilocks. :bear:

1 Like

Good question. I presume it becomes an asset of the federal govā€™t

2 Likes

Ohā€¦there are so many things to be blown up right now. Just add that to the ā€œto doā€ list that Lynn (@elaphe) has started.

2 Likes

Alt title: ā€œDay 425: Shuffling the deck (chairs on the Titanic).ā€

Crossed his heart, too

4 Likes

Wow. Trump and Putin should just get a room.

And, once again, the first anyone in the U.S. heard about this was from the Kremlin, not from our own government: ā€œThe call was initially disclosed by the Kremlin and subsequently confirmed by Trumpā€¦ā€ Rachel Maddow has done a great job of documenting all of the contacts that Trump has had with Russia that were revealed by Russian media rather than by the White House. Iā€™ll bet she mentions this again in her show tonight.

4 Likes

They had a room but someone wet the bed. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Meanwhile, Ben has been throwing Candy under the bus in interviews today. He would ā€œneverā€ buy anything that expensive. Sure.

1 Like

Probably with good reason. Trump probably knew he was going to hear about it if he volunteered it first.

2 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/defamation-case-against-trump-moves-forward-asanother-woman-seeks-to-break-silence-about-alleged-affair/2018/03/20/dc418532-2c6e-11e8-b0b0-f706877db618_story.html?utm_term=.1fb6b1ae980d

The most important news here is todayā€™s ruling that Summer Zervosā€™ lawsuit against Trump can move ahead. The article also includes a thoughtful analysis of the other two lawsuits against that are now in the spotlight.

1 Like

Thereā€™s safety in numbers, so it wouldnā€™t surprise me if thereā€™s more such cases coming. I am delighted that trump will have to answer for thisā€¦he seemed to think otherwise, lol. And if enough stays in the headlines, it just might help erode his base, proving heā€™s a liar.

2 Likes

One more interesting tidbit:

2 Likes

Matt~ If the item is paid with the federal agencyā€™s funds, itā€™s property of the U.S. government from the date of purchase. If a federal agency employee takes the property with him or her, itā€™s theft of federal government property. If the stolen item is worth $31,000, thatā€™s a felony-level theft. Iā€™m sure the employee, especially an agency head, will get an opportunity to return the governmentā€™s dining room furniture in lieu of being charged with felony theft.

Ooh, did he get a pinky swear?

2 Likes