WTF Community

Day 463

And this report in from CNN - saying there was an art bribery exchange…

"New details about the Trump Tower meeting

Much of the Republican report, as well as the Democratic response, reviewed the major news events that have occurred over the past year, from the Trump Tower meeting to revelations about contacts with WikiLeaks and meetings with Russians to the Trump Tower Moscow discussions.

There was some new information embedded in the documents. Aras Agalarov, the Russian oligarch who orchestrated the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting, sent Trump “an expensive painting for the candidate’s birthday” one day after the meeting, the Democratic report states, citing an email from music promoter Rob Goldstone, who organized the Trump Tower meeting, to Trump’s assistant Rhona Graff.

“There are few things better than receiving a sensational gift from someone you admire – and that’s what I’ve received from you,” Trump responded to Agalarov a week later, according to the Democratic document."

1 Like

Thanks for attempting to run through the 250+pages of the House Committee Intelligence report. I paged through it…but not with a microscope. I tend to look at what the media has been saying - More progressive- Washington Post and Right -National Review’s take on it.

Of course, we know from the Democratic Reps on the Committee - notably Rep Adam Schiff has said the report missed out on a LOT of still needed interviews - Flynn etc…and records were not subpoenaed…etc.

My view (along with many others here) is that the House Committee report was largely ineffective, and because Nunes was acting as a tool of the T Admin. It was a means to allow T to tweet that the collusion question is over, because the House Intell Committee report says so.

Here’s the take from Washington Post…suggesting over-redaction and other things.

And National Review’s take.

That’s all I got…thanks for plowing through it…

I thought the disparity between the actions recommended in response to incidents that mostly took place while Obama was on his way out (1) and the actions recommended in response to those that [had to do with Trump (2) was interesting.

EDIT: I messed up the links. All fixed now.