WTF Community

Day 466

Updated 4/30/2018 9:10 AM PDT

1/ Trump threatened to shut down the federal government in September if Congress doesn't agree to include more funding for his border wall in the next spending bill. "We come up again on September 28th," Trump said during a rally in Michigan on Saturday, "and if we don't get border security we will have no choice, we will close down the country because we need border security." (Reuters)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2018/04/30/day-466/
5 Likes

Because that makes perfect sense!

4 Likes

It seems like a lot of world leaders are trying to play to Trump’s massive ego in order to gain leverage for their countries, which in the short term is a great move. But I also think they’re underestimating the stupidity of a good portion of the American electorate and by making Trump look good and putting more feathers in his stupid red hat, they might end up prolonging this shit show.

2 Likes

I am still always amazed at how much crap floats around this ‘president’. What amazes me more is that his base cannot understand everything going on. I know none of them read anything except his tweets and watch nothing but Fox 'Entertainment ’ (I refuse to say Fox News any longer) - but com’on!
His staff calls him ‘lazy’, ‘stupid’, a ‘moron’ etc. - yet none of them will come out and tell the public the truth directly.
Now, the Trump masses want him to get the Nobel Prize - geez! I know they have NO idea what the Nobel Prize is awarded for - but absolutely nothing that Trump has done deserves any award - perhaps the Pinicchio Award - that is not a stretch.
I still think Meuller will be the saviour. Let’s hope so!

3 Likes

Fun new list of questions the Mueller Investigation wants to ask the President.

:thinking::woman_shrugging:t2: Fascinating read.

1 Like

‘the polite thing for him to do …etc’ - your talking about Trump here Matt - not a normal person. That’s what gave me ‘the laugh’

1 Like

No, really? You think so? Damn…

(@gordo you realize I didn’t write that bit about being polite, right?)

1 Like

@gordo :smirk:Glad you got the joke? :woman_shrugging:t2:

Continuing the discussion from Day 466:

hasn’t anyone figured out that trumps’ collusion is far less threatening than the russian state trump continues to build, only appointing people to post who benefit from his actions, ostracizing us from democratic nations, and what did putin do when threatened by another faction, he invaded the ukraine. why have we been ordered to activate the national guard to patrol bou borders. overkill or is there another agenda.

1 Like

Yes Bill - I think all of us get it - unfortunately Trumpeteers don’t

What’s so funny?

@gordo

The President of South Korea that suggested he win a Nobel Peace Prize. Is the base saying he should accept?

I don’t know what formal protcols would be at a presidential level but I grew up in a mixed Asian family, the polite thing for him to do would be to refuse, show humility and possibly reciprocate the compliment.

3 Likes

That’s a good one! My laugh for the day Matt.

1 Like