WTF Community

Day 6

1/ Biden reversed Trump’s ban on transgender troops serving in the military, restoring protections first put in place by Obama. In 2017, Trump tweeted that the U.S. would no longer “accept or allow” transgender people in the military, saying the military “must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory” and it could not afford to accommodate them. As Biden signed the executive order, he said: “What I’m doing is enabling all qualified Americans to serve their country in uniform.” The order provides protection for all transgender service members, stops all involuntary separations or discharges based on gender identity, and directs the secretary of Defense and the secretary of Homeland Security to implement the order and brief Biden within 60 days on their progress. (New York Times / Washington Post / Politico / NPR / Associated Press / NBC News / Axios)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2021/01/25/day-6/
3 Likes

:boom:

Impeachment proceedings start in the Senate. Impeachment papers delivered.

The House on Monday formally delivered an article of impeachment charging former president Donald Trump with inciting the deadly insurrection at the Capitol, as Democrats prepared to use his own words as evidence against him in his Senate trial next month.

With solemn looks on their mask-covered faces, the nine House managers walked over to the Senate shortly after 7 p.m. Monday to deliver the article against Trump, setting in motion his second Senate impeachment trial.

While no final decisions on trial strategy have been made, House impeachment managers are concentrating on building their case around Trump personally — both what he said in the run-up to the Jan. 6 attack and at a rally that day, and how his words were interpreted within the White House and outside of it, according to people familiar with the deliberations.

The impeachment managers and their advisers have been meeting daily, scouring hundreds of hours of evidence — including footage scraped from the conservative social media site Parler and other sites — to build an elaborate timeline that is being constantly updated, according to the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the internal discussions.

One idea under consideration: to produce a video that highlights how the rioters reacted to Trump’s remarks that day and shows footage of the violent mob inside the building.

But at the same time, allies of Trump are growing bullish that as more time passes since the fatal siege, the momentum in favor of convicting the former president and permanently barring him from public office is fading.

“There are only a handful of Republicans and shrinking who will vote against him,” said Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) who has been advising Trump on the upcoming proceedings.

Video of Congressional members going into the Senate to present Impeachment papers

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1OdKrVYegvAKX

3 Likes

Really…?

2 Likes
3 Likes

I searched for a website with “The Office of Donald J. Trump”, nothing found so far!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Yes…lets get that moving.

3 Likes

The City of Detroit Tells a Federal Judge ‘There Is Blood on Lin Wood and Sidney Powell’s Hands’

Is it weird that my one big issue with this article is that the movie “Clash of the Titans” is most definitely NOT the source of the Kraken?

3 Likes

Not my wheelhouse…no. clue on movie and/or kraken. I have no way of referencing… :smile:

1 Like

It’s a nerdy thing. The kraken is a Norse mythology thing, largely from northern Europe in general, that somehow was borrowed for the original Clash of the Titans movie despite having no connection whatsoever to Greek mythology, so referencing it as having been made famous by this movie, when it’s been a pretty well-known term for some time, is just a weird choice.

2 Likes

Thanks for explanation…I kinda knew that the Kraken thing was code for made up thing. Thanks for the fuller description. All conspiracies may float and stay alive on one tiny made up fact.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.