WTF Community

Day 656

Updated 11/6/2018 12:07 PM PST

With one day to go, I'll be keeping this space updated throughout the midterms with the latest polls and live blogs.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2018/11/06/day-656/
5 Likes

All I did was phone/text bank all day and I’m still going. It’s voter protection time, people stay in line, you will get to vote! They can’t turn you away!

6 Likes

@matt Thanks for pulling together the best results sites – and for the tips on “where to watch,” etc. That will be my guide tonight!

This is a duplicate of a link I posted in another thread, but it fits here, too. HuffPost’s results page is another excellent source:

2 Likes

I am as well but I gave it my all. I banked for three senate races that needed the most help and it feels good. We gave it hell, hopefully it’ll be enough! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes
1 Like

Looks like Mike Levin won!! Great that you helped that @Keaton_James

And @Pet_Proletariat good work on helping Senate nod Jacky Rosen won as well.

Whooo hooo! :+1:

3 Likes

Click to watch video :point_down:
This press conference is bananas!

3 Likes

@Pet_Proletariat yes!

Horrid treatment from T towards Jim Acosta…yes .off the rails.

3 Likes

I’ve woken to wonderful news!

WE DID IT! WE DID IT! WE DID IT!

:man_dancing: :tada: :man_dancing: :tada: :man_dancing: :tada: :man_dancing: :tada: :man_dancing: :tada: :man_dancing: :tada: :man_dancing: :tada: :man_dancing: :tada: :man_dancing: :tada:

Yes, there’s so much more to do, but today the skies are far brighter and Bluer than they were for the past two years. Let’s take some time to celebrate and to give ourselves a pat on the back for a job well done. Then we’ll roll up our sleeves and get to work again, armed with our newly won power to win the battles that lie ahead! :muscle:

3 Likes

Trump never admits when something may have gone against him. His news conference today was antagonistic.

5 Likes

It was bazaar. I heard some of it. T’s ego won’t let him acknowledge a negative it seems. I think Acosta could have toned it down a bit but T was insulting him also. This is the White House!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I went to bed before they even released the count. What a great news first thing in the morning! Feeling great! :sunglasses:

Good job @Keaton_James! See if we get out there and do the work we can make a difference!

Now that I know how to join all these text/phone bank campaigns I can show others. It’s so easy and you can do it from your living room. Most folks respond, even when they were waiting in line. Last night in Florida and Missouri, it was about keeping folks in line after the polls were closing. It’s like being a voter buddy for unsure or inexperienced voters. Helping them make sure they know where their polling place is and that they come prepared with the proper documents and voter guides. I think this will be my new thing on Election Day.

5 Likes

Way to go, Pet! :medal_sports:

I’m feeling a bit loopy – 4am worked with an ace team to place strategically targeted “Get Out the Vote” door hangers for Mike Levin, then sign waving at a big intersection near home. Then Mike gave an inspirational speech along with Alyssa Milano at a rally in Vista. I’m sending out good vibrations!!!

7 Likes