WTF Community

Day 76

1/ A record 4 million people in U.S. received a coronavirus vaccine on Saturday. Over the past seven days, an average of 3.1 million shots have been administered each day and about 1 in 4 adults are now fully vaccinated, Andy Slavitt said, the White House’s senior adviser for Covid-19 response. While the daily coronavirus death toll in the U.S. is at its lowest level in months, the seven-day average of new daily cases rose 7% to 64,000, according to CDC Director Rochelle Walensky. In Michigan, daily new cases are up 39% compared with a week ago. Experts, however, disagree on whether the U.S. is on the cusp of a “fourth wave” or seeing the last gasps of the 14-month pandemic. Michael Osterholm, an adviser to Biden’s Covid-19 advisory board, predicted that the next two weeks would bring “the highest number of cases reported globally since the beginning of the pandemic.” Osterholm called Michigan’s 8,400 new cases a “wake-up call to everyone.” Meanwhile, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the former head of the FDA under Trump, said he did not foresee a fourth wave, saying “I think with the rate of vaccination that we’re having right now […] I think that there’s enough immunity in the population that you’re not going to see a true fourth wave of infection.” (Washington Post / CNBC / New York Times / CNN / Axios)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2021/04/05/day-76/
2 Likes

Wait, wait. So corporations shouldn’t be people and shouldn’t be allowed to make political speech via money? Gosh, Mitch, I’m so confused.

Kemp argued that the move would economically hurt the state.

I think that’s the point, Brian, dear.

3 Likes

“I never thought the leopard would eat MY face,” said the man in charge of the Leopards Eat People’s Faces Party.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.