WTF Community

Day 78

1/ The CDC said the coronavirus variant first identified in the is now the dominant strain in the United States. The variant, known as B.1.1.7, is 50% more contagious than others and now accounts for about 27% of cases in the U.S. CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said that the newer strain is more transmissible among younger people and that new outbreaks in the U.S. have been linked to youth sports and day care centers. (NPR / NBC News / Washington Post / CNBC)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2021/04/07/day-78/
2 Likes

Not that I want anyone’s kid to get sick, but… maybe if their kids started getting sick, people who have been pooh-poohing masks and insisting having schools open is fine would finally start to &^!%ing take this seriously?

As someone who was hoping to send my kid back in a month I have no room for that sentiment. There’s nothing to teach them, they know what they’re doing. People who still refuse to wear a mask after 14 months know what they’re doing.

5 Likes

:100: agree with this ^

4 Likes

Yeah, I am sorry, but this far in, ignorance is not an excuse. You either actively don’t care or are utterly delusional.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.