WTF Community

Day 810

Updated 4/9/2019 2:58 PM PDT

1/ Trump recently put Stephen Miller "in charge" of the administration's immigration policy "and he's executing his plan" to clean house at the Department of Homeland Security. "There is a near-systematic purge happening," one official said. Miller has been arguing to bring in more like-minded hardline immigration reform advocates, with the senior White House adviser reportedly calling federal departments and agencies to demand that they do more to stop the flow of immigrants. (Wall Street Journal / Politico / CNN)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2019/04/09/day-810/
3 Likes

Barr’s position regarding whether he talked over the Mueller Report findings with the WH does seem clear…he did.

The fact that hmBarr admitted he would look into the counterintell FBI probe and early FiSA warrants clearly puts him in the T camp, as well as the rabid Freedom Caucus., R. We suspect that…and today it becomes clearer…

Hereis a another article which many found stunning…

But Barr used a question from Rep. Robert Aderholt(R-Ala.) to signal that he wants to go further than Mueller or the IG to determine whether the counterintelligence probe was legit from the start.

“The Office of the Inspector General has a pending investigation of the FISA process in the Russia investigation. I expect that will be complete in probably May or June, I am told,” Barr explained, giving the first concrete timetable for the IG probe to wrap up. “So hopefully we’ll have some answers from Inspector General Horowitz on the issue of the FISA warrants.”

Note: Barr goes in front of the Senate appropriations subcommittee tomorrow. More to come on this.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Day 811: The Latest

Couple of things this morning:

Democrats plan to use hearing to press Barr on Mueller report - POLITICO
House Democrats plan to grill Attorney General William Barr about his handling of special counsel Robert Mueller’s final report when he appears before an Appropriations subcommittee on Tuesday morning.

Barr says he will release redacted Mueller report "within a week"
Attorney General Bill Barr said in a House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday that he will be in a position to release special counsel Robert Mueller’s report “within a week” and that it will be color-coded and contain explanatory notes for redactions.

3 Likes

Watch :eyes:

Attorney General Barr Testifies on President’s 2020 Justice Department Budget Request

Attorney General William Barr testified before a House Appropriations subcommittee regarding the president’s 2020 budget request for the Justice Department. Attorney General Barr was also asked about the Mueller Report.

3 Likes

Former FBI general counsel James Baker told the House Judiciary Committee last October that it’s his understanding that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said there were 2 members of President Trump’s Cabinet who were willing to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office.

[…]

Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee released the transcript of their interview with Baker on Tuesday.

Baker: To the best of my recollection [former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe] told me that the deputy attorney general said that he had at least two members of the Cabinet who were ready to invoke the 25th Amendment.

Q: And what happened after that during that conversation? Did Mr. McCabe tell you anything else?

Baker: I am sure he told me other things in that conversation, but it was in part both of those things were relayed to me with other information with respect to — what the DAG was going through at the time and how he was thinking about his involvement in the firing of Director Comey and how he was thinking about proceeding after that.

Q: Did people tell you that the DAG was upset?

Baker: Yes.

Q: Did they tell you that he was making jokes?

A: No.

Q: Did they tell you that –

A: This was not a joking sort of time. This was pretty dark.

Docs :point_down:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.