WTF Community

Day 812

Updated 4/11/2019 1:14 PM PDT

1/ British authorities arrested WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in response to the U.S. charging Assange with conspiracy to hack a classified Defense Department computer. The U.S. is seeking Assange's extradition over allegations that he agreed to help former military analyst Chelsea Manning crack a password on a Defense Department computer, resulting in what the Justice Department called "one of the largest compromises of classified information in the history of the United States." Assange is facing up to five years in prison. He had been living in the Ecuadoran Embassy in London for the past 2,487 days. During the 2016 presidential campaign, WikiLeaks released thousands of emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee and from Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman, John Podesta. U.S. intelligence officials concluded the hacks were orchestrated by the Russian government. The conspiracy charge against Assange, however, is not related to Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia's election influence. (New York Times / Washington Post / Associated Press / The Guardian / NPR)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2019/04/11/day-812/
2 Likes

Has anybody else seen this video of the IRS Commissioner, a long-time professional tax attorney, glancing downward with trembling hands while answering questions about Trump’s tax returns?

It’s really telling.

1 Like

WTF is it that Trump, the recently retired judge, gets off without any consequences for potential crimes committed while trying to distribute family wealth while avoiding taxes? How does that work?
:rage:

1 Like

Confirmed Judges, Confirmed Fears: Trump Judge Tries to Excuse Immigration Board’s Failure to Consider Child Hardship from Parent’s Deportation http://www.pfaw.org/blog-posts/confirmed-judges-confirmed-fears-trump-judge-tries-to-excuse-immigration-boards-failure-to-consider-child-hardship-from-parents-deportation/

Heads up. Donnie doubled down on the Sanctuary Cities story today a little after noon EST. After his aides spent all morning assuring people that the plan was a thing of the past, he pretty much indicated he wants to do it still:

Here is the original story:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Oh? Good to know. Twitter suspended my account, and still won’t tell me why, or if I am getting it back; tomorrow 7 days are up, and that’s their longest temp suspension. In the meantime, my carefully collected cache of people I followed has been lost to me, and I am having to play it by ear a bit with a new, hopefully temporary, account. Most frustrating.

More likely he has a medical condition. Fear would be reflected in more than just his hands.

FYI Claude Taylor is a conspiracy theorist.

1 Like