WTF Community

Day 987

1/ Trump urged China to investigate Joe Biden and his son despite already facing impeachment for using the office of the presidency to press Ukraine to investigate a political rival. Trump said he hadn't directly asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to investigate the Bidens, but it's "certainly something we could start thinking about." Trump, Pence, and Attorney General William Barr have now solicited help from Ukraine, Australia, Italy, Britain, and China for assistance in discrediting Trump's political opponents. Trump also doubled down on pressing the Ukrainian president, saying "I would say that President Zelensky, if it were me, I would recommend that they start an investigation into the Bidens." Trump's efforts to persuade Ukraine to investigate Biden in a July phone call set off the impeachment inquiry by House Democrats, who are looking at whether Trump abused the power of his office for political gain. (New York Times / The Guardian / Wall Street Journal / CNN / NBC News / Axios / CNBC / Associated Press / Washington Post)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2019/10/03/day-987/
4 Likes

2 Likes

Marco Rubio doesn’t believe the President made a real request when Trump asked China, on camera, to look into VP Joe Biden.
:eyes: Watch, click tweet for video :point_down:

This is so wild :woman_shrugging:t2:

The identity of the U.S. government’s star witness in a high-profile trial—who subsequently fell out of a fifth-story Moscow window—was compromised in the course of a pro-Kremlin disinformation campaign run by Natalia Veselnitskaya, according to leaked emails.

The Russian lawyer who took part in the infamous Trump Tower meeting with senior Trump campaign officials was part of a secretive campaign on American soil that—according to the emails—may also have involved contempt of court and the violation of lobbying laws. She already has been indicted by the Southern District of New York on obstruction of justice charges.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.