WTF Community

How the Trump Administration is fucking with Immigration

I have a hell of a time trying to figure out where to put things. Feel free to move this anywhere. Since I often go trolling through UK and Aussie news at night, I see quite a bit on immigration.

Anyway, now it’s okay to detain pregnant women for immigration purposes. This policy change is supposedly to “better align” with an immigration EO signed by Trump last year, which broadens the description of people deemed a priority for deportation. Some human rights groups are kicking a fit. Can’t say I blame them.

3 Likes

This is going on in NYC and elsewhere. It’s a modern attempt to use the medieval rule of Sanctuary, but I doubt it’s going to work. If ICE doesn’t care about ripping families apart (or now about pregnant women), why would they care about a church’s opinion?

2 Likes

True. Let’s see if the Evangelical supporters of Trump invite ICE in to to make arrests.

2 Likes

Well written cover piece in the new Atlantic on how the evangelicals lost their way. Author is an evangelical thus he is well versed in theology.

2 Likes