WTF Community

Humor, memes, funny internet stuff etc

4 Likes

ā€œItā€™s mind-blowing because I knew Bernie was trending because of that picture, and I already had a Bernie pattern and a Bernie doll. So, I just went and got that and I modified that super quick,ā€ King said.

Recreating Sandersā€™ exact look that captured peopleā€™s eyes, and laughs, took King about seven hours of non-stop crocheting. Her attention to detail is obvious, nailing the iconic mittens that stole the show on inauguration day.

Tobey King, of Corpus Christi, Texas, embraces the crochet Bernie Sanders doll that she made and sold on eBay for $20,300. Photograph: Billy Calzada/AP

ā€œThe mittens are not that hard itā€™s just some color changing, a special stitch,ā€ King said.

King, 46, initially posted photos of the 9-inch doll on her Instagram account, and they garnered thousands of likes and comments. By Saturday, she posted the doll on eBay and auctioned it for $20,300, which she said will be donated to Meals on Wheels America.

Sanders himself has been using the meme to raise money for Meals on Wheels ā€“ his campaign sold sweatshirts with the image and donated the proceeds to the charity. On Wednesday, the senator said he had raised $1.8m for the organization.

4 Likes

Would You Let Mike Pence Stay On Your Couch?

4 Likes
5 Likes

5 Likes

The NJ Representative Andy Kim who helped clear all the post-rioters debris on 1/6th posts this.

Where are all the other Reps who love their country (and not power?)

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Sorry, but I find this hilarious, even though it isnā€™t supposed to be.

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

The events in Myanmar are horrifyingā€¦this is a bit dark.

1 Like
3 Likes

Remind you of anyone? They never learn, do they?

4 Likes

Is it laughable?..yeah, the word ā€˜kookā€™ isā€¦but not this fool lady MTG. Sheā€™s a beast.

3 Likes

And the new legal team is off to a great start- ya think maybe they pulled an all-nighter?

4 Likes

Well, this is about par for the course.

3 Likes

I think Alabama chose Tommy Tuberville over Doug Jones to give Texasā€™ Louie Gohmert a run for dumbest man in congress.

ā€œI havenā€™t even looked at what all sheā€™s done. Travel in this weather itā€™s been a little rough looking at any news or whatever.ā€

Thatā€™s not how that works!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Even Trump-Loving Newsmax Anchors Have Had It With The MyPillow Guy Spewing Unhinged Election Conspiracies

The MyPillow guy has been in the news so much in the last few weeks that you may have finally learned his name. Itā€™s Mike Lindell, and he, the companyā€™s founder and spokesperson, has been in the news for a reason beyond bedwear: Heā€™s been the loudest and most stubborn of believers that the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump. Sticking up for the former president has cost him a lot, from lost business to huge lawsuits to banned Twitter accounts. And now it looks like even Newsmax, the proudly pro-Trump news network, has even had enough of him.

On Tuesday, Lindell appeared on Newsmax to ostensibly address his latest hiccup: The official MyPillow Twitter account was permanently suspended, reportedly because Lindell ā€” whose own personal account was banned after repeated voter fraud allegations ā€” took it over and said some bannable stuff. But Lindell didnā€™t want to talk about Twitter. He wanted to spew baseless nonsense about voting machines.

He told the anchors that his personal account was suspended ā€œbecause we have all the election fraud with these Dominion machines ā€”we have 100% proof.ā€ But Lindell didnā€™t get very far. Newsmax is among the pro-Trump media outlets that have been threatened with massive lawsuits by Dominion Voting Systems, whoā€™ve not taken kindly to proven lies about their efficacy. And very quickly the volume on Lindellā€™s microphone was lowered as the anchors made it abundantly clear that they did not agree with their guestā€™s blathering.

ā€œNewmax accepts the results as legal and final,ā€ the one anchor said, seeming to read a legal disclaimer at hand should someone like Lindell start saying stuff that will get them in trouble. All the while, an animated Lindell could be seen, but barely heard, ranting and raving.

When the hosts finally got him to talk about ā€œcancel culture,ā€ Lindell quickly nosedived again. He appeared to say he wanted the Twitter suspensions to be ā€œpermanent,ā€ then went right back to talking about all the evidence about ā€œelection problems.ā€ Eventually one of the anchors simply walked off.

People couldnā€™t believe what they saw.

Anyway, hope sticking up for the famously trustworthy Donald J. Trump has been worth it!

4 Likes

Copy that.

4 Likes

I need popcorn. Trump is about to try to bully the Scottish. This should be good.

Trump Organisation accuses Scottish politicians of pursuing ā€˜personal agendaā€™

The Trump Organisation has accused politicians in Scotland of pursuing ā€œpersonal agendasā€ ahead of a parliamentary vote on whether ministers should launch a probe into Donald Trumpā€™s finances.

4 Likes