WTF Community

Jared Kushner is a... woman?

This is a kind of funny story, except this part really nails why it matters:

“Kushner can’t even fill out the most basic paperwork without screwing it up, so it’s a mystery why anyone thinks he’s somehow going to bring peace to the Middle East,” says Brad Bainum, a spokesperson for American Bridge, a liberal opposition research hub and the group that first identified Jared’s voter slip-up. “Would anyone but the president’s son-in-law still have a West Wing job after repeated disclosure errors and a botched a security clearance form?”

Also: @matt What happened to the Intercom chat box on the main site? In its absence, is there a good way to tip you?

6 Likes

Adding it back! Intercom got fresh and wanted to charge me $2k+ a month for it, so I took it down (plus I was traveling so I didn’t want messages to stack up). Adding it back later this week! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

you can do all kinds of relationship management stuff with it, like trigger pop-up chat boxes, send emails based on engagement, etc. I wasn’t using it for that – just a chat box to talk to peeps. will probably using something else at some point, but for now i’m in their special startup-y plan which is v. affordable. even for a chatbox.

3 Likes

Sent a couple messages your way via the chat box. :slight_smile:

1 Like

$2K!?! What???

3 Likes

Intercom is a great product, but it is super pricey.

@matt I wonder if Olark (chat only) or Drift (more like Intercom) would be cheaper options for you?

There’s also Purechat, which is another chat-only option that has a pretty robust free plan. And the aptly named Chat.io, which is super barebones, but also really cheap. There are a bunch of these things now, actually, but Olark and Drift have solid reputations (on par with Intercom). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good looking out. Chat.io looks pretty much like what I want. Thanks!

3 Likes

Trying out chat.io – wanna give it a shot?

1 Like