WTF Community

Mentionable News

I have found this to be pretty much the case; they engage in serious, good journalism and tend to avoid the clickbait. Even their editorials tend to be higher quality.

Put bluntly, it’s usually worth reading.

2 Likes

Listen to New Zealand’s Jacinda Ardern’s call for Climate Change. Passionate.

3 Likes

How do you poke somebody here?

Click on their name, a window pops, click on “messages”.
I just did to you.

You can also type the at sign and their name, (like so: @kimiwei ) and it flags them.

2 Likes

Here come the books from the Trump Administration

3 Likes

House Passes Defense Bill Overwhelmingly, Defying Trump’s Veto Threat

The $741 billion measure passed with a veto-proof majority, setting up a potential showdown with President Trump in the final weeks of his term.

3 Likes

Seattle Police Ruled In Contempt For Firing Less Lethal Weapons At BLM Protesters

3 Likes

Not sure what provoked this outreach from The Lincoln Project to AOC - but it sure sounds like a solution to combatting the far, far right.

4 Likes

Must confess, Dems & allies make good ads, but rarely as daring and virulent as the Republicans, and The Lincoln Project have been the best this season!

2 Likes

Misogyny at its finest; some mewling mansplainer named Joseph Epstein dares to call Dr. Jill Epstein “kiddo” and suggest she should drop the honorific “Dr.” because she is “only” a doctor of education:

2 Likes

Every part of this is weird to me and I’m not sure what good faith means to them here. I was really fine with the ads and everything because those ads were for Republicans by Republicans. They were saying “hey don’t you miss actual law and order?” Not trying to come over to progressives and say hi, you’re a waitress, and what a coincidence because we like food. We are even okay with tipping a lot which is good because no one has to pay you anything meaningful routinely and that’s just fine. Look over there!

2 Likes

How on God’s green earth was WSJ not too ashamed to publish that.

3 Likes

Two words: Rupert Murdoch. I bet they thought this would please the old goat.

2 Likes

This is only “Our platform is stronger together, despite all the vast differences in what Progressives want and need” It is creating an artifice of unity in the face of power grabs, power politics, and Trumpers - “we don’t bend” rule (my words)

TLC and Progressives do majorly differ in their philosophical differences and the twain do not meet but as we see it it is just a way to compete with numbers and offer a much larger platform against this rise of Nationalism/Autocracy like there was in Nazi Germany and the rise of communism in Vietnam, which eventually overtook South Vietnam.

No one is arguing (nor disagreeing) that there is a deep divide in the economic divide between people and the Republicans have only put forth ‘trickle down’ economics. It is sheer numbers.

2 Likes

I get the emotional pull there, but I don’t know a single person who would go for this. Did she respond?

2 Likes

Not sure…

So many things to track…

Check it out if you want.

2 Likes

#BeBest, or at least don’t be racist misogynist Tucker Carlson.

Tucker Carlson mocks Jill Biden: She’s a doctor ‘in the same sense Dr. Pepper is’

2 Likes

Very moving tribute to Rep Raskin’s son who sadly died on Dec. 31, 2020 and took his own life. The family wrote up a wonderful trbute to their son and Jon Lovett (Crooked Media) wrote these tweets in response to it.

Truth finding and truth telling is the theme.

1 Like