WTF Community

National News Roundup: Year 3, Week 40 (October 20-26)

After a long stretch of weird weeks, the phrase “the news was super weird” begins to lose meaning. But nonetheless, the news was super weird yet again this week–in particular, the impeachment inquiry continues to turn our government into a kindergarten playground. (And I didn’t even get a juice box. I feel so cheated.)

Standard standing reminders apply: I am no journalist, though I play one in your inbox or browser, so I’m mostly summarizing the news within my area of expertise. NNR summaries often contain some detailed analysis that’s outside my expertise–I’m a lawyer, not a fake news!–but all offroad adventures are marked with an asterisk. And, of course, for the things that are within my lane, I’m offering context that shouldn’t be considered legal advice. Okay, I think that’s about it for the disclaimers. Onward to the news!

cropped-cropped-791fd-1_gfq1qnvc7rqsljz3iru1q

Constitutional Crisis Corners:

This was another incredible week for Whistleblowing Ukraine Biden Bingo , which keeps escalating on all sides. Here are the latest updates:

As in previous weeks, Disregard of Governing Norms somehow continues on despite the impeachment circus also happening. Here’s what I have for you:

Your “Normal” Weird:

The Bad:

The Good:

So that’s what I have for this week, and I think we can all agree that it’s more than enough. For making it through, you deserve this tiny possum in a snuggy and an eventual better government. I’ll be back next week with more (and hopefully better) news, and I hope you will be back as well–but in the meantime, feel free to ping the National News Roundup ask box, which is there for your constructive comments. Send me questions! Send me feedback! Send me fewer accidental naps!

3 Likes

Thanks for this Roundup. Great work. Like the humor and the attitude. Fake news trademark application! Still laughing about that. Smart

3 Likes

Great summary of the weeks events ,LMFAO on the fake news trademark app.
Question: What is Jeff sessions up to these days? I would think he might be willing to shed some light on Baby Donald’s Delinquent actions “like no ones ever seen before” Soo hugely criminal and perfidious I should say.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words! I admit the attitude comes naturally. :slight_smile:

(Also, I’ve been laughing about that fake news trademark application for half the week–it delights me further that Teen Vogue was how I learned of it!)

1 Like

Thanks! I’m really enjoying that news too. :slight_smile:

As far as what Jeff Sessions is up to, your timing is good–Matt just tweeted about that yesterday! He’s considering another Senate run. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Here’s the link: Sessions strongly considering bid for old Senate seat in Alabama - POLITICO

2 Likes