WTF Community

Round One of the 2020 Presidential Debates

4 Likes

Awesome. Thanks, Matt. Unfortunately, Trump blathered while Biden was attempting to speak policy and truth to power. Sad for the undecided voters and those looking for substance, yikes.
Still happy I was here to see the WTF fam comment and share reactions. Thanks also for the links!

5 Likes

Shit

One more

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

All true…he’s all jacked up.

3 Likes

And with the most correct take I’ve seen on Twitter tonight

6 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Serious lol on that one

2 Likes

Hannity tonight, claims he likes this new “style” of Debate.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Some ideas for the next debate:

• first/main post as a wiki with informational links to live blogs, preview articles, a streaming YouTube embed, and…??? Maybe a section for a round up of post-debate “analysis” / takeaway type of articles?
  • second post also a wiki with the debate topics and as things go along we can collectively fill it in with a list of key statements/quotes, fact checks or whatever. Might need a captain to run this so it’s organized.
  • free form chat/commenting below like tonight.

I envision the second post w/ the topics relying a lot on linking to the conversation happening in the thread below — almost like a curated list of cherry picked comments, tweets, videos etc.

Any other ideas? I don’t want to be prescriptive, but I think there’s a lot of archival value if we toss a little bit of organization at this :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I read save the top two posts make the 2nd a wiki. Yeah? :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I think so? Or maybe it’s all just combined in the main post, kind of like how your Russia timelines used the first post as the ToC

1 Like

Having the 2nd be a wiki could be useful on most threads. Good format.

2 Likes

Donate

1 Like
3 Likes