WTF Community

Sideshow Rudy & Co

Sideshow Rudy & Co.

What has Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani and his goons been up to in Ukraine? And what does all this have to do with impeachment?

News:

Need More?

deep dive

Documents

All the documents we could find related to impeachment news

Closed Door Impeachment Hearings and Depositions

All the behind the scenes action in document form

Public Impeachment Hearings

Watch the full hearings or just the featured clips

This timeline was last updated 02/06/20

The Impeachment of President Donald J. Trump

I thought about posting this in the humor section but can’t resist placing it here as a fitting inaugural to this timely thread. BTW, hats off to @Pet_Proletariat for curating the above in-depth archive of Giuliani articles and launching this thread!

Colbert hosts Rudy on the Late Show!

And here we go…

Tonight Rudy fired up his conspiracy algorithm and treated a right-wing student group to a brain dump of his latest “findings”:

Miami Herald

By David Smiley

December 19, 2019 09:19 PM

Giuliani alleges conspiracy against Trump, himself in South Florida speech

Rudy Giuliani, personal attorney to President Donald Trump, alleged Thursday in a screed delivered before an audience of thousands of students in South Florida a sweeping conspiracy in which Congress, the press and the U.S. justice system have persecuted both himself and the president while ignoring crimes by Democrats.

In a 44-minute speech delivered just 24 hours after the U.S. House impeached Trump, Giuliani said Democrats “made up” the basis for their articles of impeachment. He also claimed to have obtained irrefutable evidence that former Vice President Joe Biden profited for decades from his office and abused his power when he pushed in 2015 to oust a Ukrainian prosecutor widely regarded as being soft on corruption.

“There are five witnesses, three tapes, 35 documents,” Giuliani, a former U.S. Attorney in New York, said during a speech at the Student Action Summit in West Palm Beach for conservative youth organization Turning Point USA. “I could prosecute that case in three weeks and if I didn’t get a conviction I’d resign from practicing law. He’s so guilty it’s ridiculous.”

O.K. then, Rudy. Let’s see those docs, let’s bring those witnesses in to testify under oath – odd that we don’t have any names yet. Also odd that he’s not talking about his two investigative partners, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who are both under indictment. You’d think this might call into question the credibility of his “evidence.” It’s also a bit suspicious that a Putin-connected oligarch sent $1 million to Parnas and that Parnas sent $500,000 to Giuliani. So who’s funding this “research”?

The Republican head of the Senate Judiciary Committee does seem to be harboring some doubts:

In other words, if Rudy’s pile of documents turn out to be just that: a pile, the blow back could be devastating – especially in the middle of an impeachment trial. We shall see… :face_with_monocle:

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) warned on Wednesday that if Rudy Giuliani, President Trump’s personal lawyer, is going to publicly suggest a “cover-up” involving the Bidens and Ukraine "then I hope you know what you’re talking about.”

"I don’t know what Rudy’s got, but I’m going to send him a letter. If you’re going to go on national television and tell the country that you’ve found evidence of a cover-up, then I hope you know what you’re talking about,” Graham told reporters.

"I like Rudy a lot, but we’re going to have to watch what we say,” he added.

Graham has invited Giuliani to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee over his concerns about corruption in Ukraine. He reiterated on Wednesday that Trump’s lawyer has an “open invitation” before the panel he chairs.

"If he comes, you gotta be willing to ask questions about your conduct. It’s just not good for the country to make these accusations on cable television without them being tested,” Graham added.

Giuliani told The Washington Post that Trump has asked him to brief GOP senators and the Justice Department on his findings in Ukraine. A source told The Wall Street Journal that Giuliani told the president that his recent trip produced “more than you can imagine.” …

The Rudy stories are intertwined with Trump’s Impeachment, I couldn’t not collect them but they weren’t really on the topic of Congress either. So I had this slot in my notes called Sideshow Rudy and after a while I have enough to get this started. This clown is up to no good and I think he might go to jail.

The title is perfect! :dart:

Thanks, I couldn’t come with a better one. And I left the comments open on this one because Rudy deserved his own thread. :clown_face:

This is something, what a profile.

I’ll say it is! Wow, just wow! Giuliani has gone from addled to whacko. You can drop into this interview at any point and you’re guaranteed to land on a heap of gibberish. A part of me wants to just laugh, but then I recall how deadly serious this situation is. Here is the lawyer for the President of the United States, literally dribbling onto sweater. Literally. And it’s even more alarming considering that Trump himself is becoming increasingly incoherent as witnessed by his latest windmill rant.

If you don’t have the time (or patience) for the full interview, here are some of the most wacked out and disturbing passages:

President Donald Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani granted an interview over Bloody Marys to New York magazine correspondent Olivia Nuzzi this week, over the course of which he reportedly questioned the Jewishness of George Soros, pondered the mental state of impeachment hearing witnesses, discussed his drinking habits, dribbled, and said his “attitude” about his legacy is: “fuck it.”

George Soros “is hardly a Jew”

After claiming US Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch was “controlled” by billionaire George Soros, Giuliani remarked, “Don’t tell me I’m anti-Semitic if I oppose him… Soros is hardly a Jew.”

“I’m more of a Jew than Soros is,” he continued, adding, “I probably know more about — he doesn’t go to church, he doesn’t go to religion — synagogue. He doesn’t belong to a synagogue, he doesn’t support Israel, he’s an enemy of Israel. He’s elected eight anarchist DA’s in the United States. He’s a horrible human being.”

Giuliani also claimed Soros is “employing the FBI agents,” prompting Nuzzi to remark that he “sounded crazy.”

Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman “look like Miami people”

Giuliani was asked his business associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman , who were arrested and indicted in October for campaign finance violations, and played a central role in the Trump-Ukraine scandal. He explained the relationship in an interesting way: “They look like Miami people. I know a lot of Miami people that look like that that are perfectly legitimate and act like them.”

“My attitude about my legacy is fuck it”

In response to those questioning what Giuliani — once known as “America’s Mayor — is doing to his legacy, Giuliani replied, “And my attitude about my legacy is fuck it.”

“I’m a partier”

At one point in the interview, Giuliani spoke of allegations that he is on drugs or an alcoholic. He said, sarcastically: “Oh yeah, yeah — I do a lot of drugs… There was one I was addicted to. I’ve forgotten what it is. I don’t know where the drug things come from — I really don’t.”

“The alcohol comes from the fact that I did occasionally drink. I love scotch. I can’t help it. All of the malts. And part of it is cigars — I love to have them with cigars,” he explained, concluding, “I’m a partier.”

“If they’re investigating me, they’re assholes”

On the Southern District of New York, which Giuliani once led as a prosecutor in New York, he commented, “If they’re investigating me, they’re assholes. They’re absolutely assholes if they’re investigating me.”

It was around this moment, according to Nuzzi, that Giuliani started to dribble.

“When his mouth closed, saliva leaked from the corner and crawled down his face through the valley of a wrinkle,” she wrote. “He didn’t notice, and it fell onto his sweater.”

“How do we know” an impeachment hearing witness “isn’t a paranoid schizophrenic?”

Giuliani gave some insights into his gifts with character assassination in the interview when speaking of the U.S. diplomat David Holmes who claims he overheard a phone call in which Trump discussed Ukraine investigations he wanted with U.S. Ambassador Gordon Sondland: “The guy that overheard the telephone call… Anybody check if the guy has an ear piece? Maybe he didn’t have it in. How old is he? How old is that guy? … How do we know he isn’t a paranoid schizophrenic? … How do we know he isn’t an alcoholic?

“Look at those poor people”

While Nuzzi rode in Giuliani’s SUV, the former mayor of New York spotted a couple on a bench and remarked, “When I was mayor, by the time I was home, there’d be a call to the head of Homeless Services. Have somebody on Fifth between 70 — is that 75 or 76? A couple, they seem to be freezing. See if we can get them in a shelter. All my commissioners were trained to do that. And we got it down to almost nothing, zero.”

“The couple on the bench,” Nuzzi wrote, “did not appear to be homeless.”

…paraphrasing what Giuliani would say on the phone w/ Olivia Nuzzi “You’ve painted me as a crazy person…”
Olivia Nuzzi - “Well, I just write what I see…”

That article…!!!

Couldn’t agree more…with @Pet_Proletariat and @Keaton_James

He has no self-awareness beyond his oversized ego, blurting our contradictory and inflammatory thoughts…and he’s in a race to the bottom. What hubris…what clownish-ness and meglomania, that he used to drive on the sidewalks as Mayor, boy.

He’s attached to power for now with T…but his actions and statements on a whole host of areas - Ukraine, conspiracy theories and what a low-life he feels Comey is, will come to bite him where it hurts. No rest for the wicked…he’s already down in Mar-a-lago cooking up another batch of crazy schemes.

Indictments are coming…faster than he can order his next beverage-of-choice. :clown_face:

More Sideshow Rudy details with a profile of the 3rd party to the Parnas/Fruman team who wanted Giuliani in on their schemes, particularly in Florida where they were hustling for dollars.

David Correia, a 44 yr. old American has remained pretty quiet, and he in fact turned himself in to the authorities, once Parnas and Fruman were indicted.

Again, it’s the other half of the coin with this group…Correia was supposed to be the more business-like member of the group, and someone who could be a bit more professional, and talk the talk, as opposed to the Frick 'n Frack natures of Parnas/Furman.

More sideshow characters…and their links to Giuliani, to Firtash and to T…

When the three men were indicted in October for illegally funneling foreign money into Republican political circles, attention quickly focused on Parnas and Fruman, who have become key characters in the ongoing impeachment saga of President Donald Trump.

But sources and documents obtained by CNN shed new light on the crucial role Correia played in furthering the business interests of Parnas and Fruman. The three men weren’t just there to help the President by digging up dirt on his political opponents. They were there to make money

Like Parnas, Correia always seemed to be scrambling to raise money for his business ventures. He’d sometimes ask richer friends for a loan, according to two people who received such requests.

By the time Trump was elected, Parnas, Fruman and Correia had tapped into a network of wealthy Floridians, many of whom were Republican donors. They eventually found their way to Rudy Giuliani, who they wanted to recruit to join their business, Fraud Guarantee.

Given Giuliani’s expertise in the security business, he wanted to be paid at least $500,000 to be affiliated with Fraud Guarantee, according to Reuters and sources who spoke to CNN.

Correia took the lead in trying to raise the money, sending pitches to several wealthy Republican donors, and bragging about Giuliani’s potential role in the company. With the former New York City mayor involved, the company would be “a home run,” two sources recalled Correia saying.

Several people who received Correia’s pitch have now received subpoenas from the Southern District of New York

The Impeachment of President Donald J. Trump
(David Bythewood) #11

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/912

Title 18 U.S. Code § 912. Officer or employee of the United States

Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Rudy does not work for the United States government. What the fuck is he doing talking with Maduro!! This is total chaos! :exploding_head:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-lawyer-and-the-venezuelan-president-how-giuliani-got-involved-in-back-channel-talks-with-maduro/2019/12/29/289dc6aa-235f-11ea-86f3-3b5019d451db_story.html

:100: Just as he did in Ukraine, Giuliani inserted himself into a crucial U.S. foreign policy negotiation without our government even being aware of it until later. How does he get away with this? From the article:

… word filtered to the White House that Giuliani and Sessions had participated in a call with Maduro, causing confusion, said a former senior administration official.

“We didn’t know why Rudy was involved at the time,” the person said.

Giuliani says he’d testify at Trump’s Senate trial, adds ‘I’d love to try the case’

President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani says he’d be willing to testify at his client’s Senate trial, but he would “love” to represent Trump in the proceedings.

"I would testify, I would do demonstrations, I’d give lectures, I’d give summations, or I’d do what I do best, I’d try the case. I’d love to try the case," Giuliani told reporters as he made his way into a New Year’s Eve celebration at the president’s Florida resort on Tuesday night.

Giuliani, a former federal prosecutor, suggested he’d lead the president’s defense with a prosecution.

"I don’t know if anybody would have the courage to give me the case, but if you give me the case, I will prosecute it as a racketeering case, which I kind of invented anyway," he said, referring to his pioneering use of racketeering laws to take down New York mob leadership in the 1980s.

"It was 30 years ago, but let’s see if I can still do it," he said.

The former New York City mayor did not elaborate, but he has said before that Trump did nothing wrong in the dealings with Ukraine that led to hisimpeachment, and that the real wrongdoers are former Vice President Joe Biden and his son.

Here’s part of what Rudy said, I agree with the Twitter comment that what Rudy is saying is crazy, turning Trump’s impeachment trial into the prosecution of Joe Biden Is crazy and also he appears to be intoxicated. :woman_shrugging:t2: Click tweet for video. :point_down:

(Pamela) #15

Delusions of adequacy.

works for free :roll_eyes:

Narrator: He couldn’t have been more wrong.

Article I Section 2 Clause 5

“5: The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.”

:joy:

Yes! Following the disclosure of Giuliani’s letter, this attempt by the Toensing Law Firm at distancing itself from Giuliani, Parnas, and their meetings with Zelensky does merit a :joy:

AND it’s not just that letter. There’s the newly released, handwritten agenda for the Zelensky meeting scrawled on hotel stationery by Lev Parnas (courtesy of @Windthin). In it, Parnas twice refers to Victoria [Toensing] and Joe [diGenova] (the husband and wife legal team).

PLUS there’s the fact that “Victoria and Joe” were card carrying members of the “BLT Team” – so named because the group, consisting of the Toensing legal team, Giuliani, Parnas, a top Nunes aide, et al., “met several times a week in a private room at the BLT restaurant on the second floor of the Trump Hotel” (see the second-to-the-last section in the CNN article below). Back in November, Parnas first said he was willing to testify to Congress about these “BLT Team” meetings in Washington D.C., and about Nunes’s involvement in Vienna. A Senate trial that does not include that testimony, either in writing or in person, will be sham.

The Nunes connection and subsequent ethics investigation:

Big profile, I haven’t read it yet but posting for later.