WTF Community

Sideshow Rudy & Co

Too bad The Hill didn’t review John Solomon’s medley of Russia-Ukraine conspiracy theories and lies BEFORE they published them and Trump decided “this is my jam.”

4 Likes

Sideshow Rudy is at it again…talking off-the-cuff while hi phone is still on…and a reporter on the other end of the phone. Now down to five friends…hmmm

Rudy Giuliani is having phone trouble again — and this time, it’s sad.

The former New York mayor forgot to hang up on a Daily News reporter Wednesday and, thinking he was off the line, started trash-talking ex-Gov. George Pataki while complaining he only has “five friends left.”

Giuliani — who has become infamous for butt-dialing journalists — made the mopey confession to someone named “Tony” after this reporter reached out about Pataki’s forthcoming book, which reportedly alleges the ex-Hizzoner privately asked the former governor to call off the city’s 2001 mayoral election so he could remain in office in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.

“There were people who wanted me to do it,” Giuliani told The News, still aware he was on the phone. “I thought about it for two days, but I never asked him to do it. I never made the decision to do it.”
Then, Giuliani said he had to hang up because he was about to board a flight. “I’m heading to LA, I’m heading to LA,” he said.

But Giuliani never hung up.

I’m so shocked," Giuliani said.

Eventually, the ex-mayor hung up after stating that the conversation Pataki recalls in his book “didn’t take place.”

Pataki could not be reached for comment late Wednesday.

3 Likes

Imagine him saying this to the sad trombone sound. It becomes 100 times more pathetic.

2 Likes

Rudy Giuliani asked me to cancel election so he’d stay mayor post-9/11: Pataki

He wanted to be “America’s mayor” a whole lot longer.

Rudy Giuliani secretly asked then-New York Gov. George Pataki to cancel New York City’s 2001 mayoral election so he could remain in office following the Sept. 11 terror attacks, a new book reveals.

The bombshell disclosure is contained in Pataki’s upcoming memoir of 9/11, “Beyond the Great Divide: How A Nation Became A Neighborhood.”

In an excerpt obtained by The Post, Pataki recalls how he attended a press conference with Giuliani and then-Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi at Manhattan’s Pier 92 on Sept. 24, 2001.

As they began leaving, Giuliani — who a day before had been hailed as “America’s mayor” by Oprah Winfrey during a Yankee Stadium prayer service — asked Pataki for a “private meeting” and they walked into a small room to talk.

Following an exchange of the “usual formalities,” Giuliani “dropped a bomb,” Pataki writes.

“Governor, you have extraordinary powers to extend my term in office,” Giuliani said.

Pataki’s “heart sank,” he writes, noting that he initially backed the idea of repealing term limits so Giuliani, a fellow Republican, could seek a third term, but quickly realized it was a “bad idea both as a matter of principle and politically.”

He also describes Giuliani’s implicit request as a desperation move following an “off-the-radar public relations campaign” in which Giuliani’s team tried, but failed, to “influence lawmakers through the media.”

Pataki writes that his “mind raced” as he told himself, “Are you really, right now, after a terror attack on our state, our city, asking me to just cancel the entire election? I am a conservative. We respect the law. For God’s sake, you’re a prosecutor! You know the law.”

But instead of saying anything out loud, Pataki stayed silent as Giuliani, now one of President Trump’s personal lawyers, continued talking.

“Governor, you have the power to change the city charter to allow for me, as mayor in this time of crisis, to have an extended term,” he said.

Pataki writes that he rejected the suggestion, saying, “I don’t think I can do that, Rudy. It’s not a good idea for you or the city, and I think it’s beyond even my emergency legal authority to do this.”

But Giuliani “excitedly fired back,” saying that his counsel, Denny Young, who was present, “thinks you do have the ability,” Pataki writes.

Pataki says he agreed to have his counsel, Jim McGuire, who was also present, discuss the matter with Young, after which Giuliani’s team “pushed the issue with my staff” for several weeks.

When it became clear that Giuliani wouldn’t get his wish, Pataki writes, he arranged a brief meeting at which he admitted, “George, you are right. I don’t think you should cancel the election.”

Pataki writes that while he was “disappointed” by Giuliani’s request, “maybe I shouldn’t have been so emotional about it.”

“While some may look at Rudy Giuliani as a power-hungry politician, the reality is that he wanted to keep leading and helping with the recovery efforts. He believed staying in office was best for the city. I was sure it wasn’t,” he writes.

But Pataki adds: “Regardless of Rudy’s motivation, regardless of his raw emotions in the situation, he abandoned some of the most basic conservative principles — follow the law and relinquish power when your term is over, even in times of crisis.”

“Beyond the Great Divide,” which is being published by Post Hill Press, goes on sale April 14.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Time to open up Sideshow Rudy again:

1 Like

You’re right, Sideshow Rudy should stay open.

2 Likes

It’s official.

Rudy forgot which side he’s on again.

3 Likes

SIDESHOW Rudy Alert @Pet_Proletariat @MissJava :clown_face:

Rudy getting critiqued on T and on himself by British media show with Piers Morgan saying some choice words.

On Air - Rudy says a criticism of T was a “deliberate misinterpretation of President Trump because the left wing media hates T.”

Morgan said it was Trump’s job to calm down tensions not throw “fuel on the fire,” but Giuliani staunchly defended his man, arguing he doesn’t “have a racist bone in his body.” He added that news coverage of the phrase was part of a “completely warped” left-wing media agenda.

The interview soon turned ugly, with the pair repeatedly talking over and interrupting each other, before descending into a personal slugfest.

What happened to you? You used to be one of the most respected and revered people in America,” Morgan said to the former Mayor of New York City. He added: “You sound completely barking mad… you have lost the plot, and it’s sad to see.”

Giuliani then attacked Morgan over the cancellation of his CNN show in 2014 following a drop in ratings. “You were the one who got thrown off of television here… so don’t tell me I’ve lost anything. I know what happened to your show Piers, and I remember the mistakes you made and I remembered how you f****d up, so don’t give me that stuff,” he said. “Everyone in America knows you are a failed journalist.”

4 Likes

Cross-posting :pray:

3 Likes

Adding Trey Gowdy to the co. :yawning_face:

4 Likes

Rudy Giuliani and His Ukraine Ally Sprint Away from Their ‘Russian Agent’ Pal

President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer and a key Ukrainian ally in their plot to smear Former Vice President Joe Biden have both tried to distance themselves from collaborator Andriy Derkach after he was sanctioned and outed as an “active Russian agent” by the U.S. Treasury Department.

Rudy Giuliani, who worked with Derkach and whose work as Trump’s lawyer and top Biden-dirt-digger culminated in his own client’s impeachment, told The Daily Beast on Friday that he was no longer in touch with the Russian intelligence asset.

Asked if he was going to continue communicating with Derkach, Giuliani—who has since started working with the Trump 2020 campaign—simply replied, “Haven’t talk[ed] to him in months.” Asked if this week’s news means his friendship and collaborations with Derkach are over, Giuliani tersely responded, “No idea.”

According to Giuliani, no one from the Trump administration or elsewhere in the president’s orbit or inner circle ever warned him not to meet with Derkach, even though the Ukrainian lawmaker has long been under scrutiny for his Kremlin ties. Giuliani said nobody had even bothered checking in with him, after all this time and scandal, to express their reservations about Derkach.

In his first substantive comments since Derkach was sanctioned, former Ukrainian diplomat Andriy Telizhenko claimed the Russian asset had never been a core member of the team along with him and Giuliani, who were looking to manufacture a political scandal in Ukraine that could damage Biden and his son Hunter ahead of November’s election.

“I never liked Derkach, never knew much about his background,” Telizhenko told The Daily Beast. “The methods Derkach used—including leaking some recordings—caused harm for the team. The U.S. intelligence services must have found solid evidence about the background of that man. I am sure that everybody who knows Derkach is not surprised to hear about the sanctions.” (After publication, Telizhenko reached out to explain that when he said “team” he meant “the Trump administration and [its] team.”)

2 Likes

Giuliani Distances Himself From Ukrainian Sanctioned By U.S. As Russian Agent

President Trump’s lawyer sought to downplay his meeting and contacts with a Ukrainian member of parliament who has been described by the U.S. as attempting to interfere in the 2020 election.

2 Likes

The Rudy stories are intertwined with Trump’s Impeachment, I couldn’t not collect them but they weren’t really on the topic of Congress either. So I had this slot in my notes called Sideshow Rudy and after a while I have enough to get this started. This clown is up to no good and I think he might go to jail.

4 Likes

Skimming the thread I didn’t see this, it’s a bit old but still worth the watch IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXQuto1fMp4

3 Likes

What a guy… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Sideshow might have coronavirus

3 Likes

Who knew Satan could get sick?

3 Likes