WTF Community

Stop calling pedophelia fucking sexual misconduct

I am really bothered by the whitewashing of Roy Moore’s alleged ‘activities’ (which btw is another word that sounds harmless and truth be told, like fun)
Any and all allegations against men lately are being called the same thing: sexual misconduct and sexual assault.
Pedophelia is miles away from simple ‘misconduct’ and should always be called exactly what it IS!!! PEDOPHELIA!!!

2 Likes

Pedophilia a certainly is miles away from simple ‘misconduct’. I believe Roy Moore continues to present a danger to children. The idea that this happened 40 years ago is meaningless. As a psychologist I worked with sex offenders for 5 years at a state hospital. The pedophiles in my care were incarcerated under Welfare and Institutions code 6500 as a danger to self or others. I took my obligation to keep them locked up extremely seriously. and submitted annual forensic reports to the court and testified often in court. No treatment modality is effective with pedophiles. We provided group therapy based on the 12 step AA program and aversion therapy utilizing ammonia and penile plethymosgraph to block sexual arousal to innappropriate stimuli (children) and to re-orient sexual arousal to age appropriate stimuli (adults). This is only effective if the individual is very committed to changing their arousal pattern. It is also limited once aversion therapy ceases. Bottom line, pedophiles are not amenable to therapeutic interventions, they commit crimes opportunistically and need to be removed from and kept away from society. reports to the court. I hope my experience may be of interest to you and maybe others here.

3 Likes