WTF Community

Stop Trump from pardoning Joe Arpaio

WTF Happened:

Trump says he’s seriously considering pardoning former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, a vocal Trump supporter during the 2016 presidential campaign. Earlier this month Arpaio was found guilty of criminal contempt for ignoring a court order to stop detaining suspected illegal immigrants. He faces up to six months in prison.

WTF To Do:

5 Likes

What’s the contact info for the WH Lawyers office?

this truly disgusts me. of all the people he could pardon. of all the things don john can do, this is what he’s decided would be good for america? i’m so tired of him. seriously.

1 Like

Trump just pardoned him :pensive: So shameful and disgusting.

It’s like he’s trying to piss people off.

Trump is a Honey Badger

1 Like

Local paper Phoenix New Times has covered Arpaio for over 20 years. Here’s their Twitter thread linking to all the horrible things he has done to others or that have happened under his watch. (“Horrible” actually doesn’t begin to cover it.)

Also, the judge who found Arpaio in contempt of court and sentenced him to jail was appointed under George W. Bush.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/trumps-pardon-spares-political-ally-arpaio-49431601

[Arpaio] accused then-President Barack Obama of trying to influence the 2016 sheriff’s race by announcing in court weeks before Election Day that it was willing to prosecute Arpaio. Prosecutors never filed criminal charges. They were instead recommended by the judge who presided over the profiling case, which began in the Bush administration. The judge in the profiling case was a Bush appointee as well.

1 Like

I spent most of last night in a rage-filled funk, then I was reminded that accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt and can be used in civil cases, so I felt (very marginally) better. But I still plan on day drinking today.

2 Likes

I know that special investigations take a long, long time… but I really wish this one would hurry up.

The law is lawless in this country, now. It is incumbent upon persons of good conscience, now, to disobey unjust laws and the orders of person(s) claiming to be above the law.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

…and honey badger don’t give a sh*t.

2 Likes

Contact info for the White House in general:

Call the President

PHONE NUMBERS
Comments: 202-456-1111
Switchboard: 202-456-1414

TTY/TTD
Comments: 202-456-6213
Visitor’s Office: 202-456-2121

Email form:

1 Like