WTF Community

Test Topic Live Editing

Let’s see what collaborative editing looks like…

Test test test

• List item

Does this work

Whoa

Yes but I can’t close and save
Nm it worked.

This feature is in super beta mode. Hopefully we can utilize this for debates or some other events

This forum has so many cool features we don’t use :+1:

11:54:00 PM

Could probably make one post then close it to commenting or something idk

That’s what I did with impeachment

2020-10-01T23:51:00Z - Actually I think this is only available to users above a certain trust level

:+1:

Scratch pad

Boom :boom:

Oh God it’s editable on every reply too

Doh just realized it was a wiki

1 Like

I really like quote reply from different threads most under utilized tool ever. Because if you go back to the original, it gives you a clean little link vs the ugly split topic graphic.

^ that’s from just copying the link to the post

So I’m all for setting up topics proper with formatting and then just quote linking posts under that topic. It’s cleaner.

1 Like

Talking about going forward with what we have sorry

And we should decide a reasonable length before expanding a topic. I did it until I ran out room but that was because it kept growing.

Impeachment was a test to see if I could expand topics. I should have far expanded more often to make it more comprehensible.

Crazy times whatever :crazy_face:

What was was your process for doing that? Want to make sure I understand ya

I just expanded 2020, it’s got everything now under a single header.

Everything is stand alone it’s all just in copy hyperlinks for us humans to follow.

There has to be a flow forward and back tho or people get lost.

I made impeachment more work than it needed to be and I should linked to the comment not the news story because we lost a lot of nuance because when I would summarize the stories each week I would sort them by date, committee and theme.

I used a color coded google sheet to sort the stories and I would leave out less than great sourcing, so it was always the top stories. Batch copy them and update all the links. Took maybe four hours on a Friday or Tuesday, once a week. I have a good memory but there was so much news that I enjoyed a weekly recap.

But really I realized if I had just made the threads shorter I wouldn’t have needed to summarize at all except by committee.

This is all my work tho. :point_down: Documents especially, which I’ve been meaning to update with all the Senate Intel reports and buzzfeed/cnn stuff.