WTF Community

The Impeachment of President Donald J. Trump

I find these three posts a good explanation of the GOP vision of Ukraine-Russia-US relations.

I made a version re-sized for twitter:

4 Likes

Read this whole thing, I don’t have cable so I can’t confirm. TV People what differences are you seeing in the coverage between channels?

3 Likes

I checked this out just now and can confirm it. They have the impeachment video shrunk down in the corner while their pundits blather over it.

2 Likes

May their names live in infamy.

4 Likes

oofa, what a punch in the gut.:fire:

4 Likes

Cross-posting :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Watch, click tweet for video.

4 Likes

And speaking of Vox, this is the best headline of the trial so far.

Republicans complain about the impeachment trial’s lack of new evidence while blocking new evidence

3 Likes

The New York Times has created a 3-D model of the Senate Chamber to illustrate much of what the people aren’t allowed to see in this trial, which includes a wide view of the chamber itself. When you limit cameras you limit the public.

2 Likes

Sen. Marsha Blackburn committed libel against Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, claiming he was the whistleblower’s source, and then doubled down on it. It’s been getting her lambasted all day.

Trump tweeted a record 142 times on the day House prosecutors mounted their case against him at his impeachment trial

CBS is reporting a POTUS insider told them that Senators were warned “if they voted against trump their head would be on a pike”

3 Likes

2 Likes

This site and www.govtrack.us have now become my go-to resources for all of this back-and-forth politics, including Trump’s impeachment. Thank you so much. I have been telling a neighbor across the hall about this, because he and I always hang out and have discussed politics lately. Others have often said that we solve the world’s problems together, lol. This presidency has really been good for that, if nothing else.

5 Likes

‘Take her out’: recording appears to capture Trump at private dinner saying he wants Ukraine ambassador fired

A recording reviewed by ABC News appears to capture President Donald Trump telling associates he wanted the then U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch fired – and speaking at a small gathering that included Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman – two former business associates of Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani who have since been indicted in New York.

The recording appears to contradict statements by President Trump and support the narrative that has been offered by Parnas during broadcast interviews in recent days. Sources familiar with the recording said the recording was made during an intimate April 30, 2018 dinner at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.

[…]

A copy of the recording is now in the custody of federal prosecutors in New York’s Southern District, who declined to comment to ABC News.

Trump’s supporters have maintained that no evidence has been put forward directly linking Trump to any of the alleged impeachable actions. And Trump has maintained that removing Yovanovitch was within his right.

This would be direct evidence. I wish ABC would let the people hear it at least.

5 Likes

Marsha Blackburn is doubling down on her attacks on Vindman, sparking a major movement of outrage against her. Her comments are fairly libelous and clearly designed to incite anger.

I may have made my own response to her:

2 Likes

Watch: Senate Impeachment Trial, Day 5

The Senate impeachment trial of President Trump continues with opening arguments from House managers on the second article of impeachment that the president obstructed Congress.

Listen

3 Likes

Yes, I think it would have a big impact if it were played on newscasts. I’m wondering if ABC doesn’t actually have a copy of the tape. They say they “reviewed” the tape – so maybe someone allowed them to listen to it, but didn’t provide them a copy. I wish the article was more clear on this point. Perhaps they’re being vague about it to protect the source that played the tape for them. – All just speculation, but damn, I wish we could hear that tape. Good thought: maybe there are more tapes.

Here’s another frustration:

Months later, The Hill has yet to complete review of John Solomon’s columns at center of impeachment

The maddening thing is that The Hill appears to be stalling on releasing their report until after the impeachment trial – they claim they aren’t, but, come on, they could put out a preliminary report now and then expand on it later. They already fired Solomon – just explain to us on what basis that was done – it had to be because of these articles – so what, in broad brush strokes, where the falsehoods in this articles that were serious enough to cause his dismissal? – Explaining that would go a long way toward debunking his work that is heavily relied on by Trump defenders.

5 Likes

Interesting twist on the report of this new recording:

Speculative so far.

Senators worry that asking for new impeachment trial witnesses could create lengthy executive privilege debate

*Note: the second link above is actually to the MSN version of the USA Today article.

Damning new audio of Trump illuminates the Ukraine scandal’s back alleys

Why on earth was Trump telling his goons to ‘get rid’ of Ambassador Yovanovitch?

3 Likes

:wave: I updated the timeline thread above. :point_up_2: I’ll update again after the trial session has ended with a summation of all the news and documents we’ve collected this week. :scream_cat:

5 Likes

I put together a small thread looking at Trump’s history of celebrating and encouraging violence in the context of his demands to “get rid of” Amb. Marie Yovanovitch. It has a number of past articles and incidents to help make the point that while we might not know precisely what he meant with his comments, they were surely NOT good.

3 Likes

Thanks for reposting this all on twitter. People need to know what the fuck is going on.

3 Likes