WTF Community

The Impeachment of President Donald J. Trump

T press conference - NOW with President of Finland.

T is coming out guns-a-blazing…LISTEN :boom:

Live video here :point_down:

3 Likes

And ANOTHER T news conference coming up - 11a PST/2p EST

3 Likes

Trump’s most recent bizarro tactic is to claim that the Democrats not only knew about the Whistleblower Complaint from the start, but that they WROTE it, and Adam Schiff was in on that.

Seriously. He is saying that right on in a press conference.

Apparently, this is based on the fact that Schiff got an early copy of the complaint, twisted as usual by Trump logic and lies.

4 Likes

More T spew from the 2nd Press Conference with the Finnish President.
T on fire…so mad -

T calling everything a “hoax”, “some bad things have gone on…I’ve lived with it” “But no one has done what I have done…so many things I’ve done - Vets have choice, we cherish our Vets,” "I have lived with it (media/Dem) harassment since the beginning of my administration"

Questioned by Jeff Mason Reuters - “Do you think anyone who opposes you is Treasonous?

President - "No the only ones who are lying…like Shift Shift. Believe it or not, I watch my words very carefully…beyond those who think I am a stable genius."

watch T try to tear into Jeff Mason/Reuters for his question…

4 Likes

Enter clown number 2.

4 Likes

CNN is just live-blogging impeachment now. :joy:

Justice Department tells White House to preserve all presidential records, including notes of Trump-foreign leader calls

From CNN’s Katelyn Polantz

The Justice Department told White House personnel on Wednesday that they must preserve all presidential records, including any notes regarding President Trump’s meetings and phone calls with foreign leaders.

“Defendants today instructed relevant personnel to preserve the information,” DOJ lawyers wrote to a federal judge Wednesday afternoon.

The question of whether the White House was doing this bubbled up in federal court yesterday, following government transparency and historical archivist groups’ emergency request about how the White House treated notes from the Trump-Zelensky July 25 call and other Trump discussions with world leaders.

From the Justice Department’s statement to the court this afternoon:

“Defendants today instructed relevant personnel to preserve the information in the six categories identified in Plaintiffs’ Motion. This preservation instruction is consistent with and supplements the litigation hold already in effect in this action, which instructed relevant personnel to preserve all evidence relevant to the claims and defenses in this case. It further supplements pre-existing instructions to all White House personnel to preserve all presidential records, whether in hard-copy or electronic form.”

Full story

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/01/politics/white-house-records-foreign-leader-calls-meetings/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Ftalk.whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com%2Ft%2Fcongressional-committee-investigations-into-trump-2019%2F4547%2F728

3 Likes

The question as to whether Rep Adam Schiff spoke out about the Whistleblower early and T claims Schiff helped write the Whistleblower complaint is discussed here. Schiff was contacted by a few channels with the Whistleblower’s concerns - originating with the CIA Legal group and then through an aide, who contacted someone in Schiff’s office.

So knocking down that Schiff in any way contributed to the Whistleblower complaint.

T is spinning story (of course) and lying as he is always doing.

WASHINGTON — The Democratic head of the House Intelligence Committee, Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, learned about the outlines of a C.I.A. officer’s concerns that President Trump had abused his power days before the officer filed a whistle-blower complaint, according to a spokesman and current and former American officials.

The early account by the future whistle-blower shows how determined he was to make known his allegations that Mr. Trump asked Ukraine’s government to interfere on his behalf in the 2020 election. It also explains how Mr. Schiff knew to press for the complaint when the Trump administration initially blocked lawmakers from seeing it.

The C.I.A. officer approached a House Intelligence Committee aide with his concerns about Mr. Trump only after he had had a colleague first convey them to the C.I.A.’s top lawyer. Concerned about how that initial avenue for airing his allegations through the C.I.A. was unfolding, the officer then approached the House aide. In both cases, the original accusation was vague.

The House staff member, following the committee’s procedures, suggested the officer find a lawyer to advise him and file a whistle-blower complaint. The aide shared some of what the officer conveyed to Mr. Schiff. The aide did not share the whistle-blower’s identity with Mr. Schiff, an official said.

“Like other whistle-blowers have done before and since under Republican and Democratic-controlled committees, the whistle-blower contacted the committee for guidance on how to report possible wrongdoing within the jurisdiction of the intelligence community,” said Patrick Boland, a spokesman for Mr. Schiff.

1 Like

I know this doesn’t belong here normally but…

NYC subway riders greeted by ad hyping ‘crazy’ Rudy Giuliani’s law offices: ‘Will work when drunk!’

Did I mention I love New Yorkers?

OMG, the site is real! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
https://crazyrudylaw.com/

2 Likes

Adam Schiff’s statement:

2 Likes

House Democrats said Wednesday they planned to subpoena the White House by Friday if it did not comply with broad requests for documents related to President Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine into investigating a leading political rival, and any attempt by the administration to conceal his actions.

Representative Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland, the chairman of the Oversight and Reform Committee, notified his panel of the impending subpoena on Wednesday. He said the White House had thus far ignored voluntary requests he submitted with the House Intelligence and Foreign Affairs committees.

“I do not take this step lightly,” Mr. Cummings wrote. “Over the past several weeks, the committees tried several times to obtain voluntary compliance with our requests for documents, but the White House has refused to engage with — or even respond to — the committees.”

DOCUMENT:

Read Mr. Cummings’s memo.

2 Likes

:newspaper: Header has been updated. Breaking news starts below. :point_down:

Y’all should be proud this is all your work. I just put it together. :wink:

8 Likes

Under the guise of exposing real evidence the Inspector General of the State Department sent House Democrats a envelop full of random conspiracy theories? Perhaps from Rudy Giuliani? :woman_shrugging:t2:

Why does the State Dept. have this binder full of mystery?

So what congressional aides received — a roughly 40-page packet of documents sheathed in a manila envelope decorated with cursive script and manipulated to look aged, with a return address portraying that it had come from the White House — may have been a bit of a letdown.

The packet included documents laying out a record of contacts between Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, and Ukrainian prosecutors, as well as accounts of Ukrainian law enforcement proceedings. Some of it was established fact and some was unsubstantiated speculation that cast the Bidens in a bad light.

“We thought this was about something else that the press had widely reported on,” Representative Jamie Raskin, Democrat of Maryland, told reporters as he emerged from the chamber reserved for classified briefings. “Instead, we got this.”

Mr. Raskin, apparently the lone member of Congress to attend the briefing — its original audience was intended to be aides — promptly assumed the role of narrator and myth-debunker, brandishing the dossier in disgust for good measure.

“A series of hallucinatory propagandist suggestions,” he said.

There were more questions remaining than answers on Wednesday. The packet contained a mysteriously curated collection of conspiratorial memos, news clippings and pages photocopied so poorly they were barely legible, according to a review of the dossier. The papers, contained in folders that appeared to be from a Trump hotel, were delivered to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s office in May — care of his secretary — by an unknown sender. The inspector general also included a series of emails between State Department officials that were not in the original file.

The memos referred to names that have played prominently in recent weeks, including Marie L. Yovanovitch, the former ambassador to Ukraine; Yuriy Lutsenko, the prosecutor general of Ukraine; Hunter Biden; and George Soros, a frequent target of conspiracies.

Perhaps most interestingly, a number of the memos listed a New York address — the Park Avenue office belonging to Mr. Giuliani.

Mr. Giuliani confirmed on Wednesday that the documents summarizing his interviews with the Ukrainian prosecutors were produced by a “professional investigator who works for my company.” Previously, Mr. Giuliani had recounted the interviews in a manner similar to that reflected in the documents. And he had previously described how his team had produced interview summaries modeled after those used by F.B.I. agents.

3 Likes

Just bizarre…and so twisted, on spreading conspiratorial plots. But that is Rudy…and all the others wanting to shovel some _____ and set up a brand new storyline.

Last Word MSNBC tonight has a breakdown of this very story. With Rep Raskin and a few others - repeats at 10 PST

What you missed while not watching Day 9 of the impeachment drama

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/what-you-missed-while-not-watching-day-9-of-the-impeachment-drama/2019/10/02/ef9d402e-e51a-11e9-a331-2df12d56a80b_story.html

Fantastic recap!! :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Not sure this falls under impeachment, but it is one of those areas, T’s finances, particularly his taxes that he has refused to reveal which both Congress and now the Atty General in NY are going after. The subpoena from the Manhattan DA requests his taxes, and now T and the DOJ are trying to put the kabosh on this.

There is a link below in RED under FILING and read what they (DOJ/T) filed in court today - a way to stop the release of his taxes, claiming it needs to be in Federal courts (where they have more control) vs. NY State, where T has no leverage.

Oh, it’s really dicey…isn’t it, those taxes?

The Justice Department asked a federal judge Wednesday to temporarily block a subpoena from New York prosecutors seeking to obtain 8 years of President Trump’s personal and corporate tax returns from his longtime accounting firm, Mazars USA.

Details: In a filing, obtained by Talking Points Memo, Justice Department special counsel Joshua Gardner argues such action would raise several “significant constitutional issues that potentially implicate important interests of the United States” and should be decided in a federal, not state, court.

Context: Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance’s office had subpoenaed the tax returns for its investigation into hush money payments made to Stormy Daniels during the 2016 election. Trump filed a lawsuit last month seeking to prevent the action.

The big picture: The Justice Department said in June that it supported the Department of Treasury’s decision not to release Trump’s tax returns to Congress. The New York case is among several Trump lawsuits designed to block the release of his tax returns.

• On Tuesday, a judge in California temporarily blocked a new state law requiring presidential candidates to release their tax returns in order to appear on primary ballots after Trump filed a lawsuit against the measure in August. Californian officials say they will appeal the ruling.
  • In July, Trump filed a lawsuit against House Democrats and the state of New York over a law that would permit tax officials to turn over his state tax returns.
  • In May, a federal judge in Manhattan declined a request by Trump, his family and his company to block Deutsche Bank from complying with a congressional subpoena for his financial records.
4 Likes

Pence’s entire career as Vice President has been him ducking in and out of brief controversies while desperately trying to stay under the radar.

No more.

Trump involved Pence in efforts to pressure Ukraine’s leader, though officials say vice president was unaware of allegations in whistleblower complaint

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-involved-pence-in-efforts-to-pressure-ukraines-leader-though-aides-say-vice-president-was-unaware-of-pursuit-of-dirt-on-bidens/2019/10/02/263aa9e2-e4a7-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html#click=https://t.co/f8oHH6lEp8

Gasp, you mean it’s NOT complete? So surprised.

Odd markings, ellipses fuel doubts about the ‘rough transcript’ of Trump’s Ukraine call

2 Likes

Just now on the South Lawn - T in front of pool spray (helicopter noise so loud you can NEVER hear the reporters questions…just T is miked up). Questions about what the Bidens (Hunter) did with China.

President Donald Trump on Thursday called for China to open an investigation into the business dealings of former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter.

Speaking to reporters as he departed the White House for Florida, the president confirmed that he asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to open a corruption investigation into the Bidens, but brought up China unprompted.

When asked a moment later whether he had asked China to investigate the Bidens, Trump replied, “I haven’t.”

“But it’s certainly something we could start thinking about,” he said. “The guy got kicked out of the Navy and all of the sudden he’s getting billions of dollars.

You know what they call that? A pay-off,” he added.

The president, discussing progress on bilateral negotiations with Beijing on a possible trade agreement just a moment earlier, told reporters that "if they don’t do what we want, we have tremendous power.”

Trump, seeking to expand his corruption accusations against the Bidens beyond Ukraine, has in recent days repeatedly accused Hunter Biden of using a 2013 trip on Air Force Two with his father, then the vice president, to procure $1.5 billion from China for a private equity fund he had started.

“Doubling down on another country, and T does not think he is doing anything wrong” (Dana Bash CNN)

CNN reporter

CNBC reporter

PBS reporter

Washington Post reporter

4 Likes

More on that.

2 Likes

Rudy Giuliani, the personal attorney for President Donald Trump, said Wednesday that he personally gave Secretary of State Mike Pompeo a file of documents with unproven allegations against former Vice President Joe Biden and was told that the State Department would take up an investigation of those claims.

Some of those documents are contained in the 79-page packet that the State Department’s inspector general handed over to Congress Wednesday, which were obtained by NBC News. The documents, combined with Giuliani’s version of events, raise new questions about what was done with the files after they were delivered to the State Department and whether an investigation into the allegations contained in them was ever launched.

Also included in the packet are nearly 20 pages of communications between State Department employees working to push back against the “fake narrative” that Giuliani was pushing.

Democrats and their staff members who received the briefing by the inspector general on Wednesday dismissed the documents as “propaganda.”

“It is a packet of propaganda and disinformation spreading conspiracy theories. Those conspiracy theories have been widely debunked and discredited,” Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., said after leaving the briefing. “The whole thing looks rather amateurish to me. It looks like a collection of some newspaper articles that appear to have been coordinated, some emails and then basically a lot of conspiracy theories.”

The packet is largely the work of Giuliani, which he used to bolster unproven allegations that Biden pressured Ukraine in order to protect his son, Hunter Biden, who has been involved with a business interest there, and that the Obama administration was using Ukraine to help Hillary Clinton win the 2016 election. The documents were handed over to Congress on Wednesday by the State Department’s inspector general.

2 Likes

Wiki editor’s note:

Please only post stories related to the impeachment investigation and/or congress. The crazy things President Trump does and says on a daily basis can be posted on the daily threads or the Portrait of a President thread. If you post them here, I won’t record them into the wiki.

1 Like