WTF Community

Trump Transcripts: All His Speeches

Working doc for collecting all the transcripts since Trump became a serious candidate for president. Looking for help compiling and keeping this list updated. I’ve made it a wiki.

Mar 21, 2016
A transcript of Donald Trump’s meeting with The Washington Post editorial board.

Mar 30, 2016
FULL TRANSCRIPT: MSNBC Town Hall with Donald Trump Moderated By Chris Matthews
http://info.msnbc.com/_news/2016/03/30/35330907-full-transcript-msnbc-town-hall-with-donald-trump-moderated-by-chris-matthews

Sep 16, 2016
CNBC Transcript: Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” Today

Nov 13, 2016
President-elect Trump speaks to a divided country

Nov 23, 2016
Donald Trump’s interview with the New York Times: Full transcript

Dec 14, 2017
Transcript: Trump’s Introductory Remarks With Tech Executives

Jan 16, 2017
Full transcript of interview with Donald Trump

Jan 25, 2017
TRANSCRIPT: ABC News anchor David Muir interviews President Trump

Feb 5, 2017
Donald Trump Super Bowl interview transcript with Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly

Feb 27, 2017
Full Transcript: President Donald Trump’s Exclusive Interview with Breitbart News Network in Oval Office

Feb 28, 2017
Full Transcript of Donald Trump’s Speech to Congress

Mar 1, 2017
A transcript of Donald Trump’s meeting with The Washington Post editorial board

Mar 22, 2017
President Trump’s Interview With TIME on Truth and Falsehoods

Apr 5, 2017
Partial Transcript: Trump’s Interview With The Times

Apr 12, 2017
President Trump’s thoroughly confusing Fox Business interview, annotated

Apr 23, 2017
Transcript of AP interview with Trump

Apr 30, 2017
President Donald Trump’s interview with "Face the Nation”

May 1, 2017
Transcript: President Donald Trump’s Interview With Bloomberg News
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-01/president-donald-trump-interviewed-by-bloomberg-news-transcript

May 11, 2017
Transcript: Interview with Donald Trump

May 11, 2017
NBC News interview with Donald Trump

May 11, 2017
Read Donald Trump’s Interview With TIME on Being President.

July 12, 2017
Trump says he does not fault son for meeting Russian lawyer

July 12, 2017
Here’s the White House’s Transcript of What Trump Told Reporters Off the Record
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-13/here-s-the-w-h-transcript-of-trump-s-off-the-record-press-chat

August 1, 2017
Full transcript: Trump’s Wall Street Journal interview

September 15, 2017
Remarks by the President and First Lady on the 70th Anniversary of the U.S. Air Force.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/09/15/remarks-president-and-first-lady-70th-anniversary-us-air-force

September 18, 2017
Remarks by President Trump at the Reforming the United Nations: Management, Security, and Development Meeting.

5 Likes

@matt I have several questions :slightly_smiling_face: You requested “speeches” in general.

Many of Trump’s White House speeches and remarks are listed here (over 400 of them):

1. Should we focus on transcripts from “one-on-one” or “exclusive” news media interviews (i.e., ones not in the White House archive)?

2. Any particular criteria we should use to select and narrow down possibilities of Trump’s television appearances? (For example, CNN provides transcripts of every single one of its broadcasts; many others like Fox News do the same, such as when Trump talks with Hannity or Fox & Friends :face_vomiting:…)

3. Some articles aren’t formally formatted transcripts but contain quotes (not of other news media outlets, but quotes from video of their own reporters’ chats with Trump). Do we still include those?
    (For example, the July 12 Reuters article you included above summarizes their interview but doesn’t lay out the conversation in full.)

Have you thought about making an actual, searchable WTF wiki? If we could get it set up that might make some of this a whole lot easier.

4 Likes

Good questions! I totally fucked up the speeches part – meant to add “interviews.” Would have made more sense. Derp.

re: 1) I think that’s right. News media interviews and solo speeches, like the Alabama one the other night.

re: 2) Probably things that are more substantial – as in solo, exclusive, or other “event” like speeches or interviews. What do you think?

re: 3) I tried to grab the original, most truth-y source. Some of these aren’t available (at least as far as I could find). We should probably try to get as close to the truth as possible.

3 Likes

I like this idea! Probably could be applicable to other topics, as well…

1 Like