WTF Community

Week of Sept 9 - 15

Last Week In One Sentence: Investigators are looking into suspicious bank transactions that occurred around key dates in the Trump-Russia saga; Paul Manafort entered a plea deal with Robert Mueller in which he pledged his full cooperation; Trump signed an executive order meant to punish foreign entities for interfering in U.S. elections, but experts and lawmakers see it as inadequate and say we're still "woefully unprepared"; George Papadopoulos's wife told ABC that Mueller's team suspect she was/is a Russian spy; Britain identified two men it says tried to murder former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia; Russia is considered to be the main suspect behind the mysterious attacks on U.S. officials in Cuba and China that led to brain injuries; and 600 Russia-linked accounts collectively sent 10,000 tweets about the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) between 2014 to May 2018.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/what-we-learned/2018/09/week-of-sept-9-15/
5 Likes

Wow! Awesome summary of what happened last week. I really look forward to these reports. The daily news is so chaotic these days, but this weekly summary helps but things in perspective. In addition, despite the fact that I obsessively dig through news sites everyday, there are always a few really interesting and significant stories here that I totally missed. :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.