WTF Community

What a Piece of Work is Man!

Good News from the Resistance : Let’s consider for a moment all we’ve learned about the nuances of the U.S. Constitution since the Grifter-in-Chief moved into the White House. We’ve had one big fat lesson in How to Lie, Cheat, Abuse and Steal Your Way Into and Throughout the Presidency. It’s clear sailing with Moscow Mitch at the helm! Now, as Pelosi, Schiff et. al. turn up the heat, we have much to learn from the latest chapter of the GOP playbook: Grace Under Pressure: What to do When the Vise Tightens. My favorite lessons learned (so far):

• If you are a GOP Congressman asked an uncomfortable question about our Russian-Asset-in-Chief, avoid answering it by head-butting the reporter’s camera,
  • If you are a pre-verbal MAGA-hat-wearing goon who finds himself outnumbered at an anti-Trump protest (go figure!), whip out the bear repellent spray,
  • If you are a GOP lackey nominated for a judgeship, and during confirmation hearings you are confronted with your own homophobic statements, cry, baby, cry (warning: this is the most cringeworthy video I’ve seen in a long while),
  • If you are the president’s personal lawyer and his former cybersecurity expert, and you can’t remember the password on your iPhone, head to the closest Apple Genius Bar for help, and
  • When losing your job becomes a real possibility, get a note from your podiatrist.

There will be no mention of the “I” word in this post. Instead, there will be stories that make me smile. Because no matter how dark the news, the daily reminders of our fellow humans’ creativity and ingenuity never cease to brighten my day.

Here we go …

In Massachusetts, local politicians are fighting for the right to see their neighbors’ nightgowns and underpants hanging on clotheslines; if you cut off someone in traffic and suddenly hear the sound of a loud fart or bleating goat, it’s the Tesla driver behind you; grandmas are the new flower girls; when a middle school principal announced he would not stock bathrooms with free sanitary products, 7th grade girls said, “chew on this“; a black lab was sworn in at Chicago’s state’s attorney’s office (she has a real job); Rudy G. keeps butt-dialing an NBC reporter, and the messages captured are the stuff of political reporters’ dreams; there’s been a resurgence of witches!

Yes, there’s even more Good News from the Resistance :

WE :heart: BEER THAT IS GOOD FOR FISH
Well, it’s not exactly the beer … Read the Corona News

WE :heart: TED & JANE
Jane’s been doing this a very, very long time. Thank you. Read the Movie Star News

WE :heart: ANYTHING BAD THAT HAPPENS TO CRUELLA
This judge is onto her. Read the Cruella News

WE :heart: MONTGOMERY’S NEW MAYOR
What took so long? Read the Alabama News

WE :heart: IMAGINING WHITE HOUSE STAFFERS HOOKED UP
Wonder what they’ll find? Read the Polygraph News

WE :heart: THAT GERMANY IS STEPPING UP
And we’re looking forward to others following their lead. Read the Fossil Fuel News

WE :heart: THIS SPICE COMPANY
Get your pumpkin pie spices before the holidays and know that your money will be well-spent. Read the Impeachment Spice News

WE :heart: THIS IRISH COUPLE
Maybe the secret to their long marriage is that they are kind? Read the Anniversary News

WE :heart: TAKING ACTION:
Learn about and support Project Corazon, and help families separated at the border.

Originally published at marlafelcher.com by Marla Felcher. Republished with permission.