WTF Community

What The Fuck Happened Over The Weekend?

This is assault, cop pulls down his PPE mask to pepper spray him point blank. His hands were in the air.

3 Likes

Some quotes which ring true.

Adding this

3 Likes

Denver under a curfew and sending in a ton of tear gas.

Image of tear gassing

1 Like
3 Likes

Philly

4 Likes

Mad props for deescalation! Sheriff joins the march.

4 Likes

Releasing dogs on people…

4 Likes

Journalists are being targeted

4 Likes

Atlanta :exploding_head::sob::sob:

3 Likes

Yes…horrible.

4 Likes

We are witnessing mass police brutality.

4 Likes

Peacefully but prepared

4 Likes

George Floyd death and protests nationwide: Live updates

Clashes between police and protesters continued to erupt across the country Saturday as thousands descended on the streets, pleading for justice in the wake of George Floyd’s death this week in Minneapolis.

Curfews have been put in place in many cities including Minneapolis, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Denver, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Rochester and Miami Dade County.In Philadelphia, police cars and a Starbucks were set on fire, as protesters tried to topple a statue of former Mayor Frank Rizzo.

Colorado, California, Georgia, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin have all activated their state national guards to maintain order, assist police, and stop violence, governors and state officials say.

President Donald Trump also announced Saturday that the military was “ready, willing and able” to deploy in case unrest continued.

3 Likes

From Axios Reporter Alexi McCammond - sizes it up.

2 Likes

This works, this is the path. Police should stand down.

4 Likes

The police have arrested another black CNN reporter, this time in New York. There is no doubt at all it was harassment.

4 Likes

NBC reporter…Garrett Haake

4 Likes

Black protester tells it…what it’s like to be targeted by police. Reporter tries to weigh it against the destruction…she continues with it has never been fair and she and others need to be heard.

Looting has occurred all over the city like the high-end merchants - Gucci, etc were vandalized which really gets at the crux of the wealth disparity, …and someone remarked it’s almost in a French Revolutionary style - “ Let them eat cake ” response.

The flat-out protest requires more than just putting people in jail for the night.

In Los Angeles tonight where curfew started at 8p

https://abc7.com/protester-explains-how-violence-in-la-compares-to-racial-inequality-in-society/6222283/

One protester, who asked only to be identified as Jane Doe, spoke eloquently about the cause and the need to continue speaking out even as violence broke out around her and a curfew was declared.

The message that I want to get out is there is a huge difference in America between white Americans and black Americans,” the young woman told ABC7 reporter Leanne Suter. “They are treated very differently.”

“Although I do not want white Americans to experience what we have experienced from the police, I want the police to come to an agreement with us to have the same opportunity to have the same protection from them that white Americans have.”

Police brutality is out of control, she said, and she sees officers treat people of different races differently.

The violence of Saturday night’s protests, she said, gives the rest of the world a sense of the fear that many people in her community feel every day.

“The damage tonight is necessary. You know why? Because this is how we feel every day walking down the street. We don’t get to see the beautiful buildings that everybody else gets to see.”

We get to feel like we don’t belong there. We get to feel like trash. We get to feel like garbage. We get to feel like we can’t come here. But we came here today because we want to be a part of it.”

"This is what it’s like to walk down the streets. It’s chaos. I’m afraid every time a police officer drives past me. I have a clean record, I have never committed a crime. Law-abiding citizen. I have gone to college. Yet I get pulled over every time I’m driving my car because it’s a 2020.

To see the rest of her comments, watch the interview in the video above.

So the National Guard will be brought in tonight.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :memo: Must Read Op-Ed and Profiles

John Cusack being attacked by police with batons in Chicago was not something I expected to see.

3 Likes