WTF Community

Who The Fuck Has Left The Trump Administration

It’s getting creepy how there’s more an more an “inside” and “outside”.

1 Like

@celena Well it’s not normal politics, that’s for sure. The Trump administration has created a huge political void with their lack of leadership. Neither parties or the factions within the parties have a clear message and leaves me feeling like it doesn’t matter who is out or in, everything is just up for grabs. 2018 is going to be a strange election year, that is for certain.

1 Like

Politico warns of an exodus coming soon…

“There will be an exodus from this administration in January,” said one Republican lobbyist, who alone has heard from five officials looking for new gigs. “Everyone says, ‘I just need to stay for one year.’ If you leave before a year, it looks like you are acknowledging that you made a mistake.”

5 Likes

Chuck Rosenberg (September 26, 2017) resigned as Acting Head of the Department of Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) citing his disapproval of President Trump. Mr. Rosenberg forcefully rejected Mr. Trump’s comment to law enforcement in July telling law enforcement officers “please don’t be too nice” when handling crime suspects. As well as the firing of FBI director James Comey in May and Trump’s disparaging remarks about the ongoing FBI investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 election. His resignination will be effective October 1, 2017.

3 Likes

Andddd another one bites the dust.

3 Likes

Joel Clement resigned on Wednesday, October 4th.

An Interior Department executive turned whistleblower who claimed the Trump administration retaliated against him for publicly disclosing how climate change affects Alaska Native communities resigned Wednesday.

Joel Clement, a scientist and policy expert, was removed from his job by Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke shortly after the disclosure and reassigned to an accounting position for which he has no experience. Clement was among dozens of senior executive service personnel who were quickly, and perhaps unlawfully, reassigned in June, but he was the only person who spoke out.

In his resignation letter, Clement was defiant, accusing Zinke and Trump of poor leadership.

“The investigations into my whistleblower complaints are ongoing and I hope to prevail."

“Retaliating against civil servants for raising health and safety concerns is unlawful, but there are many items to add to your resume of failure,” he said, listing several.

In a separate letter, former top Interior executives under Presidents Richard M. Nixon, Gerald R. Ford, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama ripped Zinke for his comments about loyalty at Interior.

Dang. Clement totally shredded Zinke in his 3-page resignation letter linked at the bottom here:

3 Likes

Dana Boente just officially resigned today but will stay on board until a successor is found.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/dana-boente-resigns-as-us-attorney-for-eastern-district-of-virginia/2017/10/27/78fda97a-bb43-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html?utm_term=.274b617d1609

He became a household name when he took over as Acting Attorney General after Sally Yates was fired, then later became Acting Deputy Attorney General until Rod Rosenstein was hired.

Most recently, he was the Acting Assistant Deputy Attorney General in the National Security Division of the Justice Department and U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia—where one of Bob Mueller’s grand juries is impaneled.

1 Like

Bless you guys, I can’t for the life of me keep track.

1 Like

Yo, new Fed chair, Trump gives the rose to Powell. :rose:

1 Like

Unconfirmed report of Rick Dearborn transferring out of the WH Office. Will update when confirmed.

1 Like

I can’t wait for this thread to be updated with a Betsy DeFuckinVos departure, if that ever actually happens.

5 Likes

That’s the dream!

While this originally was sort of a celebration of the revolving door of scumbags, It looks like it’s also becoming a graveyard for better people getting ousted for worse. -_-

1 Like

Agreed. Every so often there was someone appointed who is a terrible unqualified person, but they were in this job and dammit they were going to learn it and do it and try to at least prevent total collapse. I grind my teeth a little harder every time someone quits in protest of something bad. Don’t quit, you know what’s going on, fucking fix it.

3 Likes

Some new nominations…

• Alex Michael Azar II of Indiana, to be the Secretary of Health & Human Services
  • Timothy R. Petty of Indiana, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Interior (Water and Science)
  • Robert Frank Pence of Virginia, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Finland.
  • Jason Klitenic of Maryland, to be General Council of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
1 Like

Obama appointee Richard Cordray, Chief of Consumer Protection Agency is resigning. He will leave his post by the end of November. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

This is troubling, to say the least…

Mick Mulvaney has been named the acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, even though the outgoing director had already lined up someone for the position.

The CFPB’s General Counsel sent a interesting letter to the Senior Leadership at the agency regarding questions on if Trump even has the authority to appoint Mulvaney (she concludes he does).

1 Like

It would be really cool if these people would do their jobs.

1 Like

Hundreds have left the State Department since last year!

In a letter to Mr. Tillerson last week, Democratic members of the House Foreign Relations Committee, citing what they said was “the exodus of more than 100 senior Foreign Service officers from the State Department since January,” expressed concern about “what appears to be the intentional hollowing-out of our senior diplomatic ranks.”

3 Likes