WTF Community

Who The Fuck Has Left The Trump Administration

I can’t wait for this thread to be updated with a Betsy DeFuckinVos departure, if that ever actually happens.

5 Likes

That’s the dream!

While this originally was sort of a celebration of the revolving door of scumbags, It looks like it’s also becoming a graveyard for better people getting ousted for worse. -_-

1 Like

Agreed. Every so often there was someone appointed who is a terrible unqualified person, but they were in this job and dammit they were going to learn it and do it and try to at least prevent total collapse. I grind my teeth a little harder every time someone quits in protest of something bad. Don’t quit, you know what’s going on, fucking fix it.

3 Likes

Some new nominations…

• Alex Michael Azar II of Indiana, to be the Secretary of Health & Human Services
  • Timothy R. Petty of Indiana, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Interior (Water and Science)
  • Robert Frank Pence of Virginia, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Finland.
  • Jason Klitenic of Maryland, to be General Council of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
1 Like

Obama appointee Richard Cordray, Chief of Consumer Protection Agency is resigning. He will leave his post by the end of November. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

This is troubling, to say the least…

Mick Mulvaney has been named the acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, even though the outgoing director had already lined up someone for the position.

The CFPB’s General Counsel sent a interesting letter to the Senior Leadership at the agency regarding questions on if Trump even has the authority to appoint Mulvaney (she concludes he does).

1 Like

It would be really cool if these people would do their jobs.

1 Like

Hundreds have left the State Department since last year!

In a letter to Mr. Tillerson last week, Democratic members of the House Foreign Relations Committee, citing what they said was “the exodus of more than 100 senior Foreign Service officers from the State Department since January,” expressed concern about “what appears to be the intentional hollowing-out of our senior diplomatic ranks.”

3 Likes

This story just gets weirder.

In her lawsuit, Leandra English refers to Mick Mulvaney as:

“the person claiming to be acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau”

You can’t make this stuff up! :joy:

3 Likes

It’s been reported that Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson will be replaced by Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA and that Senator Tom Cotton will be appointed the CIA. (November 30, 2017)

UPDATE: Rex is still here.

9/ Rex Tillerson called reports that the White House wants him to resign “laughable.” Trump called the reports that he is planning to fire Tillerson “fake news” and that “I call the final shots.” (New York Times)

1 Like

Is there really a suicide pact? I guess we will find out!

6/ Rex Tillerson, James Mattis, and Steven Mnuchin have a “suicide pact,” where all three cabinet secretaries will leave in the event that Trump fires one of them. Bob Corker, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said that Tillerson, Mattis, as well as Chief of Staff John Kelly “help separate the country from chaos" – meaning Trump. He added that “I hope they stay because they’re valuable to the national security of our nation.” Yesterday, Tillerson refuted reports that he’d been persuaded to stay on in his role over the summer by Mike Pence. He did not, however, address questions about whether he had called Trump a “fucking moron” or not. (BuzzFeed News / Politico)

Speculative.

The details about a “suicide pact” have not been confirmed by other, reputable news outlets.

1 Like

I had forgotten about this! Should be interesting… :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

WHAT! I knew drumpf wanted him out but I thought it would take a lot longer for him to get his way on that one.
I think it’s believeable that those three guys discussed a suicide pact but there is no way even if hell froze over any of them would willingly give up power out of solidarity with anything but their own dicks.

:crossed_fingers:t3: Betsy DeFuckinVos next :crossed_fingers:t3: Betsy DeFuckinVos next :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Dina Powell, deputy national security advisor will step down from the Trump administration early next year.

Axios reports that:

Dr. Nadia Schadlow, who currently works on strategy on the staff of National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster, is the likely successor to Dina Powell, deputy national security adviser for strategy.

1 Like

Omarosa Manigault Newman, the former reality TV star who followed President Trump into national politics, has resigned from her White House post as director of communications for the office of public liaison.

So that’s what her job was… oh well

3 Likes

:joy_cat: :raised_hands:
I figured she’d get pushed out eventually but I honestly thought she’d be there longer than just this. OH FUCKING WELL.

1 Like

please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

The Ryan story is getting picked everywhere but this was interesting from Reuters.

Politico said it interviewed three dozen people who knew Ryan - including lawmakers, congressional and administration aides, conservative intellectuals and Republican lobbyists - and that “not a single person believed Ryan will stay in Congress past 2018.”

Will Paul Ryan stick it out like Rex Tillerson and Jeff Sessions? Will the President also publicly berate him on Twitter but ask Sanders to deny any tensions or conflict in their working relationship in press briefings? Next time on wtfjht

https://youtu.be/BN1WwnEDWAM

2 Likes