WTF Community

Who The Fuck Has Left The Trump Administration

CNN confirmed it with “several people familiar with their relationship say.”

Ok Whatever, just wasn’t sure because everything was leading back to blurry photo on a tabloid site. Just wanted to be accurate. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I appreciate that, I saw it in several places in non-reputable sources and a few reputable ones before I posted. I actually was going to paste an article in from CNN, it’s important to get the details right. I mean, there’s enough confusion without creating our own :slight_smile:

1 Like

I usually click through links in articles to read their sources if available or google any references. If the original source is a tabloid, I like to wait until two reputable sources confirm it. I just don’t want this thread to become too gossipy with palace intrigue. There’s too much of that out there already. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

As a two time survivor of domestic abuse, this story left me shaken. It’s so despicable and so vile, I had to turn everything off yesterday and just take a breather. It’s unthinkable that the White House is actively trying to protect a violent criminal. I hope the all the survivors press charges.

4 Likes

Good list here. The replacements are sometimes worse than the ones leaving. A scarier list would be those positions not filled.
When he fails to fill a position is it just poor administrative skills or is it an attempt to destroy government from within?
Starve government until you can drown it in the bathtub.

@Sofarleft You’re correct, the positions that haven’t been filled are equally important as those that have left the White House. Mostly what I’ve found is that the lower tier (deputy teir) staff seem to be doubling up on tasks and duties as a higher position is left vacant. Some positions such as, Steve Bannon’s Job, we’re new postions created just for that person and most likely will not be staffed by someone else.

I’ve been working on a list of all the positions with the White House Office, anyone that can be fired by the President directly. I’m using the same method as Kathryn Dunn-Tenpas, PhD over at the Brookings Institute who wrote in her 2017 report on the Trump administration.

Perhaps the real story this coming year may well be the other side of the turnover coin: filling these senior staff vacancies. Year-two recruitment is more of a challenge for any administration because the post-election enthusiasm has long since faded, the “first string” recruits have been tapped out, and the harsh realities of governing are in full view. With the Mueller investigation heating up in the coming months and growing electoral fears after the Alabama Senate election, some Republicans might be less eager to send their resumes to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Read her full report here👇

2 Likes

Omarosa, former White House Aid opened up about the Trump Administration on the reality TV show, Big Brother. Is it news worthy? :woman_shrugging:t2:

https://youtu.be/4bvu4_L-xmM

Rachel Brand is stepping down, she would have been “next in line” to oversee the Mueller investigation, if Rosenstein is forced out.

2 Likes

It’s both, but more the latter IMO. He only wants ppl as corrupt as himself that have a need to be “loyal” to him. And away goes Rachel Brand, whoooosh! Another day in the life in “As the Stomach Churns”.

David Sorensen, a White House speechwriter has resigned. He is accused of domestic violence against his wife. This is the second person this week to resign this under such allegations.

1 Like

I actually came in to mention this… the thing is, she’s done this reality TV thing before and knows exactly how to play it. I don’t really think it’s newsworthy (not lost on me that I came here to mention it) only because her entire life and career is one big attention-grab. I don’t think I really consider this more than tabloid garbage, and frankly the parts of it I can really believe aren’t new.

So I guess I share your :woman_shrugging: and raise you a :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Nomination:

President Donald Trump on Tuesday nominated Lt. Gen. Paul Nakasone, the leader of the Army’s digital warfighting arm, to helm the National Security Agency. The move, which was long expected, will also put Nakasone atop U.S. Cyber Command, the Defense Department’s digital warfighting unit, once he is confirmed by the Senate. The two organizations have shared a leader since the Pentagon launched Cyber Command in 2009.

3 Likes

National Economic Council official George David Banks departed amid increasing scrutiny of the Trump administration’s decision to let multiple staffers work on interim clearances.

1 Like

Lol, dude got the boot for smoking pot in 2013.

2 Likes

Banks said he was told that his clearance would not be granted because he admitted to smoking marijuana in 2013

lol what? They actually encourage you report stuff like this - it’s more questionable if you lie.

Alyssa Mastromonaco (former Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations under Obama) actually talked about it on last week’s Pod Save America. She had to do random drug testing at times…just because, but that was all.

3 Likes

I could hear Alyssa’s voice in my head after I read that bit. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good to know she’s not only in my head too. :rofl:

As people are calling out below, the explanation (smoking pot) of why he’s not getting clearance makes no sense. As many of us heard from Alyssa “on the Pod,” they just want you to be truthful, so that you can’t be blackmailed. If he admitted to smoking marijuana, that’s not a reason not to give him clearance.

I don’t want to be a conspiracy theorist, but this doesn’t make sense. I wonder if he got caught lying about something else, and this is just the public-facing story that they’re telling.

1 Like

I’m with you, Craig…I’m betting there’s more to the story, & we only got the tip of the iceberg.