WTF Community

Actually getting Trump out of the office

Don’t totally dispare America. You still have a champion of law and civility. Robert Mueller will save the day-and your bacon.
If you do not recal-and most will not-it took The Washington Post never ending pursuit of truth and honor against the Nixon administration TWO years to get to all of the facts and make lawmakers understand what had happened. The reporting forced the government to look into the conspiracy and act using two special prosecutors, to finally get the truth and the facts in front of the citizenry of the country.
Trump WILL have his day!

3 Likes

At least the Democrats didn’t conspire with Russians. :neutral_face:

Agree, but many more (supported by Koch Bros or Russia etc.) need to be ousted too. Much to do!
Not a fair $ fight when Citizen’s United remains, & if EVER there was a deceptive name, that’s it! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I truly believed, at the start of 2017, that Trump wouldn’t last more than two years. Now, I’m not so sure. Even then, though, what concerned me most what how effing far one had to go down the line of succession before anything looked any better. That’s why I hope for and cling to my belief that the 2018 midterms might make a difference, a big difference. Unless and until we (who are not Republicans) control at least one part of this government there is no hope. Had I not been alive and aware for the past 15 months I simply would never have believed that this country and its so-called government could have devolved to its current state of horrible. But it has. At this point, I’m trusting the younger folks to save the rest of us. I’d be more worried about whether they are informed, engaged, enthusiastic except for two recent events: 1- the Alabama Senate election in December and, 2- the near immediate reaction of the kids in south Florida who basically said, “if y’all won’t do this, WE WILL”. I must believe that there are more people, like us, who are so appalled and disgusted with Trump, McConnell, Ryan and their ilk that we will turn out and vote those bastards out. 2018 is critical. I believe we can do it. P.S. I live in Alabama. Trust me when I say that Democrat’s victory was nothing short of a miracle, the one joyful moment that made the past year even bearable.

2 Likes

I’m hoping Robert Mueller is the hero of this era.

2 Likes

My brother, his wife, their daughter all live in Broward County and will definitely vote Rubio and Scott Out.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry! :hugs: Not much better where I am. Few of us (here on WTF) ever imagined our country this way, & yes, my hopes are on Mueller too.

1 Like

Laughing here, Lynn! And I’m only 30 miles from the Florida line.

I love Randy Bryce! I don’t live there but I’m thinking of donating anyway.

2 Likes

In this time of trouble, I remembered my dad’s advice to me 20 years ago about how he kept the facts straight during Clinton’s impeachment:

• Don’t read articles with emotion-grabbing headlines
  • Subscribe to the New York Times
  • But don’t read about it in the New York Times unless the Washington Post says pretty much the same thing
  • Subscribe to the Washington Post…even if you don’t plan on reading it

Funny how some random thing someone tells you when you’re barely listening eventually crops up again. I followed his advice to the letter, and suddenly Republicans stopped calling me retarded for telling them that I’ve always read both sides of the story before deciding how I feel. The New York Times is honest, but often keeps sources anonymous - if the anonymous source was a Washington Insider, then of course people who think Fox News is journalism (rather than entertainment) would rather not believe the Times.

1 Like

It makes me feel better to know that I’ve been following your dads advice for some time (without even knowing it! lol).

2 Likes

yes, I think this is how the right felt about Obama. so weird of course, but there it is. But if you think their primary objective is to un-do every single thing Obama did in 8 years, WE can un-do what ever he does in 2. I am counting on winning back the house and impeding and further forward movement this corrupt administration intends.

I hear what you are saying. I try-very hard-to listen to Fox News, but if anyone on this blog can listen for any more than 5 minutes, is distorted on their thinking of ‘fair and balanced’. Anonymous sources have been around FOREVER. A person is not going to crucify himself by letting news identify him/her. One of the biggest ‘anonymous’ sources was Deep Throat. We did not know who he was for 30 years-and he was dying. If you want me to listen to your side of the story-first, tell the truth! Then discuss the ‘facts’ - not some made up conspiracy theory that means nothing in the overall discussion. Stop blaming other presidents-YOU are the president! Teflon Don will get his due.

Yes, Mueller is where my hope lies. That he was able to spring those 13 + 3 indictments on us without leaks shows how deep his talents go. He’s methodically making his case (please hurry). The mid-terms will help. But bottom line is that tRump is screwing us royally. I can’t imagine how much more damage he will do if he completes his term.

2 Likes

If you have a few dollars to spare I encourage all of us to support good candidates all over the nation. I’m in Illinois but I’m giving what I can in donations, social media exposure, post card writing… there are so many ways to help. Let’s get this done all over America !!! :raised_hands::statue_of_liberty::us::ocean:

3 Likes

Unfortunately you are not reading both sides of the story both are Left bias media sources https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/?s=washington+post

Times have changed and your dads advice of 20 years ago does not work today using those media sources. I do agree you should read both sides of the story but most people are so biased in their opinion that they will not do so.

I agree don’t read articles with emotion-grabbing headlines. That was great advice.

Would you support Mueller decision regardless of how it turns out?

Please see In Praise Of Bias

…and please refrain from repeating right wing media bias talking points.

3 Likes

I will. I genuinely hope Mueller is seeking the truth, whatever that may be.

1 Like

Matt I really enjoyed the video. What I don’t understand is your request “please refrain from repeating right wing media bias talking points”. On the page with the video link you state “My position is that humans making decisions about the relative importance of things is inherently biased. But I try to be transparent about my position on this with my editorial policy”.

If you believe that people are born with a bias I would disagree. Here is a good article on belief and how it is formed & used in medicine which can be used in all areas of life and not just medicine. The biochemistry of belief

All I stated was the everyone should read all information provided before making a decision. How does that make it a “right wing bias talking point”.