WTF Community

Day 382

The markets are crazy right now.

1 Like

Former Fed Chair Janet Yellen’s last day was Saturday, Friday was her last workday. Here is her exit interview, it’s a nice read.

1 Like

My 401(k) is not impressed right now.

And it could leave Trump with regret about jettisoning a Fed chair whom Wall Street came to love. “For the past four years, Yellen was the fairy godmother of the bull market,” said Yardeni. “And now that she’s gone, maybe we don’t get the fairy dust anymore.”

3 Likes

“Set himself up”?, Good luck with that theory, I wonder if Trump in reflecting on all of his self praise has ever considered that the last guy that was perfect was crucified🤔

1 Like

So much for Trump not jepoardizing free speech.

2 Likes

@Ron Um, what? I didn’t follow.

1 Like

I think he’s suggesting that Trump’s comments make it sound as if expects the public to treat him as if he were god-like. There’s only one other person in history who people perceived that way and he ended up dying on a cross. (@Ron - please correct me if I’m wrong).

1 Like

The tale of two memos.

Thanks for answering to Ron but I still find it completely irrelevant to the topic. :v:

1 Like

Yes it was

I imagine this will eventually get put into the daily briefing, but here is the partialy redacted criminal referral of the Steele dossier from Sens. Grassley and Graham

Don’t really get much new, same as they’ve always been saying: misleading information, Clinton-funded, blah blah blah.

3 Likes

That’s just abusive language. Here’s famed MIT linguist Noam Chomsky on the subject.

https://youtu.be/8basvBeZEL0

1 Like

Trump’s next Twitter: " IT WAS OBAMA’s FAULT"

Now… Let me get this right- Democrats are treasonous for ‘not clapping’ - but Trump and his minions can collude with Russians. Different set of values in US than here in Canada!

I got a reply to my “Hitler” comment the other day - and then, low-and-behold, what is this? Illinois 3rd Congressional - Republicans are letting. Nazi run - UNOPPOSED!!!
At hurt Jones is his name. You gotta listen to this guy!

If you’re going long, these are only a suggestion; CAFD and PEGI, needless to say under the present regime they may be in for a rough ride.
Oh and thanks for explaining the other. I can get sideways…

2 Likes

:thinking: I wonder why Trump’s lawyers would want him to refuse an interview? Huh. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Ya think? but why should he even have any choice whatsoever in the matter? I don’t care who or what he is, he’s NOT above the laws.

Totally off topic, but if I had the cash, I’d go for TGT. They’re ripe for picking and Amazon is looking for a retailer with visibility and and broad distribution.

And you’re welcome. It was a risky comment (too much potential to offend), but I understand where you’re coming from.