WTF Community

Day 407

Updated 3/2/2018 10:36 AM PST

1/ A Kremlin-linked Russian politician spent six years building leverage and connections in order influence the NRA and gain access into American politics. Alexander Torshin, a Putin ally, also claimed that his ties to the NRA afforded him access to Trump. Robert Mueller's team is investigating whether Torshin, who serves as the deputy governor of the Bank of Russia, illegally funneled money to the NRA in order to help the Trump campaign in the 2016 presidential election. (NPR)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2018/03/02/day-407/
2 Likes

Man, this corruption train just keeps on going. Thanks @matt, you must be exhausted.

6 Likes

I was thinking along the same lines…how hard it is to keep up with this, never mind for Mueller & team to build cases against all these still-disgracefully-active ‘players’. It’s obvious to me that all the hiring that Mueller did was not excessive…so far from it.

4 Likes

I am still a newbie posting here so mea culpa- Anyone else creeped out about the depth the NRA has influencing our government? Feels like this train is going of the tracks at warp speed!:bullettrain_front::volcano::fire::fire::fire: We need an Orville class of emojis- j/k

8 Likes

Great NRA explainer here: http://www.cracked.com/article_25195_how-nra-lost-its-mind.html

3 Likes

I’ve been meaning to create a weekend discussion thread on here but I’ve just been so swamped. What do you think?

6 Likes

If it’s what you say, I love it…

:joy: :joy: :joy: (Sorry I couldn’t resist! lol)

Also, obviously the most important news of the day… :rofl:

5 Likes

I would not participate- I need the break even though nothing seems to slow this merry-go-round down. SAD.

Hunger Games… yes indeed - on so many levels

$50M in tax exemptions v. 13 discounted place tickets :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes
  1. Thirteen! Insanity rules the Republican party of the National Rifle Assoc.

I take my hat off to Delta, that was courageous. It’s despicable what Georgia’s so-called lawmakers just did- I hope they get lots of blow-back, & I hope more ppl choose to fly Delta & drop the NRA at every chance.

1 Like

She’s so Russian she has an ushanka growing from her head?

UGH! I forgot to include this today. :frowning:

1 Like

Quiz time!! I only got 4/5 correct. :flushed::crazy_face:

3 Likes

For real? She reminds me of Marge Simpson. image

2 Likes

Same here, & thanks, I needed a laugh! :grin:

1 Like

I’d love to see Delta just get out of Atlanta. That would sure show those punative legislators. I’m pretty sure there are countless cities that would be thrilled to work with the airline to give them a tax incentive. Even better, I hope Amazon says F.U. and heads to friendlier territory. I know Amazon had come under fire because they advertise on NRA media. I don’t condone it. But I think Amazon just turns a blind eye when it comes to political issues. I can get behind a lot of the good they do and hope they really do step away from sooner of their media choices.

2 Likes

Time to stop pussy-footing around and get out the subpoena pad! You could ask for just about everyone in the Trump administration - or who USED to be with them.

You’ve been watching too many American movies…that would feel good, & I’ll admit I’d buy a ticket to see them all in handcuffs, but that’s not quite how this works. Mueller knows exactly what he’s doing, taking a seemingly slow approach to ensure there is MORE than enough testimony to take out all the “big fish”…they are all flipping like pancakes on the ones above them, just be patient. :wink: