WTF Community

Humor, memes, funny internet stuff etc

MyPillow’s Mike Lindell is turned away from Republican governors event

The CEO, a top Trump ally, has been sued for defamation over his false assertion that a company’s voting machines stole the election for Joe Biden.

4 Likes

I guess he has plenty of pillows to cry into. That’s what is known as a “crying shame”, eh? image

4 Likes

A beautiful astronomical event here last night which we were fortunate to witness. A total eclipse and a blood red moon.

Dubbed a blood moon, a total lunar eclipse coincided with what is known as a supermoon when it was at its closest point to Earth.

Nelson space scientist Duncan Steel - who was watching from the cathedral in the city - told Lately “at 8.47pm New Zealand time the moon started going into the penumbra of the Earth - the diffuse shadow. At 9.45pm was start of the partial phase … it’s like there’s a bite taken out of the moon as you look at it”.

That covered the moon as it moved behind the Earth’s shadow.

At 11.11pm it was covered - although some small amounts of sunlight were still getting to the moon because it filtered through the Earth’s atmosphere - and that was what gave the moon its red colour, Steel said.

5 Likes
4 Likes

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—After news broke that the Manhattan District Attorney was convening a grand jury, Donald J. Trump changed the name of his company to the Eric Trump Organization.

The former President made the announcement in a press conference at his signature Manhattan building, the newly renamed Eric Trump Tower.

“Changing the name of the company is no big deal,” he said. “It’s going to be the same company that it’s always been—with Eric Trump running the show and me just following his orders.”

“It’s only fitting to call this company the Eric Trump Organization, because Eric is responsible for everything it has ever done,” he added. “This is long overdue.”

Asked about the grand jury, Trump said, “From what I’ve heard, they’re going to be looking into Eric’s businesses quite strongly. I hope he hasn’t gotten himself into a big mess. He’s been a great boss to work for all these years, and I wish him well.”

4 Likes
4 Likes

What a week…and a weak group in the R party…take a stretch like this little guy

5 Likes

Baby kangaroos are called Joeys :blush:
One of the funniest sights is to see two kangaroos having a boxing match.
Am looking forward to travelling over to Perth in Western Australia soon. When there one of my favourite past times is a round of golf at the local golf course. Complete with resident kangaroos on almost every fairway.

4 Likes

And the nicknames just keep on coming! (Personally though, I’m still partial to “Moscow Mitch”.)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/new-york-daily-news-mitch-mcconnell-spineless-worm_n_60b1dd96e4b02a79db8dead6

4 Likes

‘Lee Harvey Oswald’ trends on Twitter after conservatives get punked on Memorial Day

On Memorial Day, Twitter blew up as several prominent right-wing figures were tricked into honoring Lee Harvey Oswald, the gunman who assassinated President John F. Kennedy.

The ruse was pulled off by The Intercept reporter Ken Klippenstein, who shared a picture of Oswald as a young private first class to several conservative accounts with the request, “My grandpa’s a big fan of yours and is a veteran, he would be thrilled if you could RT this photo of him for Memorial Day.” Right-wingers who fell for the prank included Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), American Conservative Union president and lobbyist Matt Schlapp, and revisionist history documentary filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza.

Klippenstein has pulled this prank multiple times before.

In 2019, he tricked former Rep. Steve King (R-IA) into wishing a happy Independence Day to his “uncle,” fictional Marine Col. Nathan Jessup from “A Few Good Men,” and then for good measure, changed his Twitter name to “Steve King is a white supremacist” so that phrase would show up on the congressman’s page. And in 2020, he fooled former acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell into bidding a happy Veterans Day to his “grandpa” Bill Calley, the war criminal behind the Mỹ Lai massacre.

1 Like

Hmm, nowhere does he say that the name is “Lee Harvey Oswald”, not sure it’s a trick I would be proud of. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

True, but on the other hand he’s done this before and he’s not exactly an anonymous person; they should have looked at who was asking.

3 Likes

Oh, give us a break, donnie dim-wit! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Womp womp.

The Trump blog page has shut down.

Rumor has it he’s bought hundreds of sandwich board signs for GQP congress members to wear so they can display his latest rants.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Believing he is going to be reinstated is nuts enough.

Believing Martha McSally and David Perdue are ALSO going to magically be reinstated as Senators is somehow even more crazy.

4 Likes

5 Likes

WTF

During climate hearing, Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas asks if agencies can ‘change the Earth’s orbit’

U.S. Rep. Louie Gohmert knows jack shit about science. But that sure hasn’t stopped the East Texas Republican from making a litany of fascinating scientific observations.

Anyone remember when he said climate change was great because it helps plants grow, that the Alaskan pipeline aided the sex lives of caribou or that he didn’t need a mask during the pandemic because he was regularly tested for the coronavirus? (That last experiment apparently didn’t play out so well, since Gohmert later contracted COVID-19.)

But even after all that, the conspiracy mongering and climate change-denying congressman may have topped himself this week. During a House Natural Resources Committee hearing, he asked whether federal land agencies can alter the orbit of the Earth and moon — you know, so they can go ahead and fix this whole climate change mess once and for all.

“I understand, from what’s been testified to the Forest Service and the [Bureau of Land Management], you want very much to work on the issue of climate change,” Gohmert says in a clip shared by Forbes . “I was informed by the immediate past director of NASA that they found that the moon’s orbit is changing slightly and so is the Earth’s orbit around the sun. We know there’s been significant solar flare activities, and so, is there anything that the National Forest Service or [Bureau of Land Management] can do to change the course of the moon’s orbit or the Earth’s orbit around the sun? Obviously that would have profound effects on our climate.”

ORBITS: Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) asks whether the Forest Service or the BLM can alter the orbit of the moon or the Earth in order to fight climate change during a House Natural Resources hearing pic.twitter.com/yYiOyi2cMZ

— Forbes (@Forbes) June 8, 2021

It’s unclear whether Gohmert intended his question to be a sarcastic or whether it displays a scientific ignorance so profound that he has no clue how fucked the Earth would be if forest rangers tampered with those orbits.

Either way, the expert to whom he addressed the query replies with a level of diplomacy that qualifies her for work at the State Department if that whole science thing doesn’t pan out for her.

“I would have to follow up with on you on that one, Mr. Gohmert,” she replies after a full three-second pause. Then she flashes a broad smile.

4 Likes

4 Likes

What could go wrong…?

4 Likes