WTF Community

Humor, memes, funny internet stuff etc

A no knock raid…

6 Likes

“NO SOUP FOR YOU!” -she ruled.

3 Likes

Comments from Mark Meadows

4 Likes

No matter how remote the similarity (much less the issues of legality), the GQP’ers are a never-ending source of “what-about-isms”. :crazy_face: Never forget what they did to put “Benghazi” & Hillary Clinton under a microscope, but will they admit that trump EVER did ANYTHING wrong? What a sorry-ass cult they are. Like bad-behavior enabling parents, but on STEROIDS!

4 Likes

I’d better add that I don’t follow hockey or know which game this was, so I hope it’s actually true:

3 Likes

Yes @elaphe it’s true

And all competitors at the Beijing winter Olympics are required to wear face masks when competing. :mask:
The Canadian Women qualified top of the table and are in the semi-final playoffs today against Switzerland

The US Women’s team came second in the round robin and play Finland today in their semi-final
3 Likes

What do you know, no one passed out from the lack of air! LOL I’m so tired of those anti-maskers acting like babies.

4 Likes

Rats know when to get off a sinking ship- & apparently so do some accountants.
Happy Valentines Day!

5 Likes

Late Show - Colbert’s take on Giuliani’s comments about Eminem taking a knee. :grin:

3 Likes

5 Likes

“Oh, teacher, call on me, I know!” (hand raised) “NEVER BELIEVE TRUMP!!!”

3 Likes

‘Something Went Wrong’: Trump’s Twitter Ripoff Suffers Bumpy Launch

Would-be users of Trump’s new app merely struggled to create an account after Sunday night’s launch.

Team Trump has been cooking up its own social network ever since the then-president was thrown off all major platforms for his posts inciting the Capitol riot.

Yet, even though what they came up with appeared to just rip off Twitter, it seems a year wasn’t enough time to make a useable product.

Truth Social, the Trump-created Twitter alternative, went live in Apple’s App Store on Sunday night, and would-be users immediately ran into glitches and error messages.

Around 11 p.m. ET, select users who tried to create accounts were repeatedly met with a red error warning: “Something went wrong. Please try again.” Shortly thereafter, around midnight, others were told that the app was simply too popular for them to join it, with a warning that read: “Due to massive demand, we have placed you on our waitlist.”

The waitlist numbers fluctuated throughout the night, with The Daily Beast’s reporter at one point sitting at 96,427th place in line on Monday morning. Other users reported queue positions as high as 160,000.

Additionally, on Monday, a web status notice posted to Truth Social’s website read: “Due to the overwhelming demand at launch, we are currently rate-limited on onboarding new users to the platform. We are working to increase signup capacity for onboarding and will continue to update this status as capacity increases.”

The Trump Media & Technology Group did not immediately respond to The Daily Beast’s request for comment.

Elsewhere, Trump’s social media venture faces the possibility of future legal action, as Twitter users have pointed out similarities between their Truth logo and that of the U.K.-based trucking analytics company Trailar. (“We are now seeking legal advice to understand next steps and options available to protect our brand,” Trailar’s head of marketing Matthew Summers told The Daily Beast on Monday morning.)

On Sunday, Devin Nunes, the former Republican congressman-turned-CEO of Trump Media & Technology Group, said that he hopes the new app will be fully operational by the end of March.

“This week, we’ll begin to roll out people on the Apple App store,” he said. “Our goal is, I think we’re going to hit it, I think by the end of March, we’re going to be fully operational at least within the United States.”

Once the Trump-led enterprise gets off the ground, the social media venture will face plenty of competition from the likes of the far-right platform Gab and Gettr, the more similarly angled platform run by ex-Trump aide Jason Miller and funded by Chinese businessman Guo Wengui.

Despite being billed as a venture to “stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech,” Trump’s new platform will utilize AI censors to police its content. The Fox Business Network reported in January that Truth had enlisted “a San Francisco-based Series D start-up that provides automated solutions through cloud-based artificial intelligence for understanding images, videos, and text content.”

5 Likes

3 Likes

If trump was still in office, our official language spoken might now be Russian. Just think…

3 Likes

4 Likes

Some very good points here (both semi-humorous & hopeful):

2 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes