WTF Community

Introduce Yourself!

Living the dream as an attorney in New Mexico. At the end of 2016, WTFJHT was a lifesaver. Thanks, Matt

5 Likes

Sarcasm btw

Except that WTFJHT was a lifesaver was not sarcasm

3 Likes

Hello from the other side. I’m a retired British firefighter, now living in the far South East of Bulgaria, in the last village in Europe. I’m fascinated by American politics, and have followed WTF since almost day one. I get my daily ‘fix’ just as you are turning in for some well earned sleep. :grin:

6 Likes

Hello there. I’ve been following WTF since day one pretty much, and occasionally poke Matt with articles I’ve spotted. He suggested I look into the community board. I admit I tend to be busy, but I do like to share, and I maintain an endless supply of memes and article links.

My name is David, but online most folks know me by Wind or Windthin. I’m a nerd, cook, bird owner, navy brat, steampunk madman, jack-of-all-trades, former online radio DJ, longtime roleplayer, and general oddball. I’ve lived in four states; Puerto Rico where I was born, Hawaii where I spent much of my childhood, Connecticut twice and Illinois three times; Illinois is where I am now. My wife is self-professed political nerd herself, and we tend to collaborate in our own various ways on things. I’m always happy to help, eager to learn, pleased to share, and glad to listen.

6 Likes

long time follower, just signed up for the community today. i have been posting on reddit and prior to that, twitter, about the current situation. reddit’s signal to noise is very low, and twitter has become totally unusable. so here i am.
i’m a cyber risk consultant and often interface with trump supporters at all levels of society. its eye opening and astounding and lots of negative adjectives too. i’m excited to participate in this community.

6 Likes

If you can shed some light on how reasonable people can back him, I’d be interested. I don’t mean the hard core base who are just crazy, but the ones that haven’t jumped off the cliff yet.

I assume the FOX pundits are in it for the money, not because they are true believers.

2 Likes

i would have to evaluate your definition of reasonable. for example, trump supporters i have spoken to think its reasonable for this president to do what he does because it has some positive impact on the stock market. That is the most popular justification for support, “my 401k is doing great”.

2 Likes

I am a retired public sector union rep living in California. I have a Masters degree in philosophy that I briefly used to teach college.

Besides getting the update from WTFJHT, I spend my time reading the news and “bringing it” to conservative websites in a non-trolling way. Unhappy, embarrassed Republicans will be our allies going forward.

6 Likes

I’m a 60 year old woman from Massachusetts who is just confounded that this corrupt, immoral, unethical, racist, homophobic, criminal is STILL in the White House (thanks to help from Russia). My fingers are recovering from writing so many postcards last night demanding that Congress start impeachment proceedings ASAP. My fear is that NOTHING is going to get the most corrupt President of our lifetime out of office.

6 Likes

Hi,
I am disgusted by Donald Trump and his sycophantic appointees and represent and live in a State where I and my friends are politically outnumbered. This forum may help me endure Trump’s, hopefully, short tenure.

6 Likes

Hello! I’m Marylyn, and I live in Huntsville, Alabama, otherwise known as “Rocket City.” It’s true we have a Saturn V rocket planted by the highway on the west side of the city, offering a phallic welcome to everyone. I live here because my father worked in the defense industry, but I didn’t grow up here. I grew up in south New Jersey and Massachusetts. My father’s job here was his last one. I moved in with him after a divorce. I’ve only been here since 1981, haha. I eventually married someone “from here,” so I’m stuck (even though we don’t have kids). It’s interesting. Huntsville is the most progressive city in the state, they say. But my views are not majority views, apparently. I do live in a bubble of liberal, artsy friends, in real life as well as on Facebook. I haven’t been the same since the 2016 election. I never used to care about the news, and now I care fiercely, but at the same time feel helpless. I am retired from an administrative job at the local university (UAH) three years ago, and I still haven’t figured out what to do with myself. WTF has been a bright glow in my inbox since a friend recommended it to me. I also listen to all the political/progressive podcasts I have time for. And finally, I hope this is the way to post on this forum, by simply REPLYING. I kept looking and looking for a “compose” button, or “new post,” or something. Do you have to start an entirely New Topic to do that? So, the Introduce Yourself thread consists entirely of replies to the original post by Matt? Someone please advise…

6 Likes

:wave: Welcome! Here’s our helpful guide to creating new posts. Click link to see the full post :point_down:

We mostly discuss the daily news and try and contextualize it for each other. If you need any help, there’s almost always a moderator checking in to offer assistance. We’re kinda like librarians but we also delete trolls, bots and spam. FYI, if you post in the wrong spot don’t worry, we may move your post but remember it’s to keep this forum tidy. :hugs:

7 Likes

My name is Coco. I’m a writer and a member of the editorial board of refusefascism.org.

8 Likes

Hi, I’ve been reading Matt’s blog for quite a while and sharing on my facebook page…I think the daily synopsis is so important to share with others. This is a pivotal year and the news must go out to as many people as possible. Thanks for doing such a great job.

6 Likes

Hi from Arizona. I am a retired science educator working to remove DJT from office.

7 Likes

Hey nerd! Welcome! :smiley:

3 Likes

Good to have you here. This country was built on and by immigrants! You are most welcome here. :cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Hi I’m a grandma from Florida. I enjoy reading Matt’s blog everyday except the weekends. There is a large MainCoon Cat that I share my opinions with. Like WTFJHT AND WHY IS THAT JERK STILL PRESIDENT.

6 Likes