WTF Community

Introduce Yourself!

I’m a lefty, so I mostly play 1st, but I also pitch. I am actually starting a new team in the fall. You’re not in Los Angeles are, are you?

It’s not always easy, for sure. Lots of people are doing it though. The internet makes it possible for people to work on the road. There are quite a few young families as well.

1 Like

same, same

Greetings!
I’m Kelly, Mom of 4 that is terrified at what kind of world we are going to leave for our kids.

I’ve been reading WTFJHT since oh day 6.
I work at home as a Virtual Admin Assistant for several clients, ranging from education, to online retail, and more.

In my free time, I play Ingress. No none of that Pokemon Go nonsense. I love meeting new people and sharing ideas, I adore a good friendly debate and find the best opponents are those who like me can argue both sides of a coin.

K

8 Likes

It was a gradual shift, aided by the influence of a variety of factors. One such notable factor, was Barack Obama. Both the man himself, and the job he did as POTUS, had a profound impact on me. Also, while going through a difficult time personally, I did a lot of reading and rediscovered my long dormant passions for philosophy, history and civics. Reframing those intellectual pursuits with new information and a bit more maturity, I couldn’t continue to reconcile pure libertarian ideology with my inclination towards reason and compassion.

8 Likes

When I was younger, my mom said the same thing about the world to me. :unamused:

2 Likes

I am so jealous! I would love to travel the country like that. Unfortunately, ex-husband and children have put a damper on that dream.

A girl can dream though.

3 Likes

Cliche isn’t it!

Living in uber rural America, I’m amazed daily at how many people around me think things are just peachy the way they are, and get angry when you dare to question their beliefs.

5 Likes

As far as “organizing” it, I would (personally) organize it by the time frame of the action (daily, weekly, etc).

Here are some examples I’ve done for my Indivisible group (they are group specific, but can be translated for a larger audience):

I try to keep it to “one stop shopping”…everything you need to know in my post (since it’s on FB) to include links, etc. I try and make so it’s not always “call your MoC” (like so many on FB are). I also try and make it “short and sweet” so it’s a easy read, but also give some background for knowledge purposes.

I’m not sure if these are the types of actions you are looking for, if not hopefully it will give some inspiration to the thought process!

1 Like

Hi WTFers! I’m Robb. I’m a husband, dad of 2, creative director and filmmaker in Charleston, WV (the state holding the record for highest DJT approval rating in the Union). WTFJHT has been the most helpful tool for me since the inauguration. Kudos to @matt and hey to everybody else! Find me at…

http://robbmajor.com
http://twitter.com/robbmajor

On Snapchat as robbmajor
…and probably some other places too.

6 Likes

Hello all, Amanda LaRosa here. First, kudos and many thanks to Matt for all of the hard work put into this beachhead of sanity in a WTFJHT world. I am an admin who found a great position in a career spent in marketing and then IT. A small-to-medium sized company where everyone gets along very well, the owner (a Brit who lives in New Zealand and Skypes with us daily) despises TRump, my boss (here) loves him, so life is interesting yet respectful. Wtf indeed!

7 Likes

Second in reply, first in our hearts. :heart:

4 Likes

Yeah well, living in not-rural America I can tell you the same thing.

6 Likes

Colton here. I’m a film score composer, audio engineer, and software developer. I’m in the process of starting a new company right now, so I’ll have to get back to you guys on that if I can manage to get it off the ground.

5 Likes

My name is Tori Michel (not too creative with usernames!). I’m a 33yo stay at home (and unschooling) mom of an 8yo boy and writer, originally from Columbus, Ohio, now residing in Indianapolis. BA in humanities, specifically Philosophy, more specifically metaphysics, epistemology, and ethics. I wrote for the now-defunct About(dot)com for two years about kids’ cartoons and entertainment–which is how I got to hug Bill Nye once. Prior to that and having my son, I was a high school US and World History teacher for five years. I enjoy video games (Destiny in modern era and tons of vintage gaming) and am an internationally ranked competitive pinball player.

Areas of concern with this administration, for me, include healthcare (I have fibromyalgia, CFS, asthma, PMDD, and generalized anxiety disorder), environmental science and sustainability (personal interest), LGBTQIA+ rights (family and friends), and abortion freedom (mostly because I have a uterus).

Btw @matt I am an applicant for an editorial position :wink:

8 Likes

I want to hug Bill Nye… his “Saves The World” program is great, and I can’t wait for my 4-year-old to be able to take more away from it.

6 Likes

Hi! I’m Juley. I’m a retired, opinionated old broad. Can’t believe what a f’ing mess Trump is. Glad to be a part of this.

14 Likes

Hey Robb! :wave:

1 Like

Hey All, My name is Gail. I live in the San Francisco North Bay but I was born and raised in Scotland. I’ve been in the states for almost 22 years and more or less consider it home. I own a boutique hotel just over the Golden Gate Bridge, and if I’m honest, I enjoy it. I get to meet people from all over the world and get different opinions on world events.
Glad to be a part of this site as I’ve followed since almost day one. Thanks Matt for all you do and how you do it.
I am still expecting to wake up from this horrific nightmare…I just can’t accept that this is our reality.
Nice to meet you all!

9 Likes

Welcome Gail!
Glad you could join us!

1 Like