WTF Community

Introduce Yourself!

It’s just that batshit crazy grabs more headlines…:unamused: And welcome!

British Columbia, eh? Lovely place. Don’t be surprised if it gets more crowded with asylum seekers from the U.S. It’s good to know you realize we’re not all batshit crazy.

Must checking in to send enormous gratitude to Matt for crafting this site and the new expsnsion contained in yesterday’s email.
And, equally, to all who participate and provide daily information.
Martha

1 Like

Hi. I am Amy. I live in Hickory, NC.
I still have hope that our country will figure all this mess out and fix it!

8 Likes

Hello! I’m Kenny.

Is there still a Slack group?

1 Like

HI,
I only wish the GOP would come back to being a true conservative party…I don’t know what it is anymore - whatever the donor class asks of it. I love this site and and I am for sure in the lefty category but there are a lot of ‘never tromp’ GOPs that I admire too. I like David Frum’s writing and may have to suggest his new book for the reading list.
M

2 Likes

I agree on Frum, he produces some interesting arguments. I don’t really call Trumper a conservative I think he’s an opportunist. But that’s JMO.

On Gergen’s comments about NC politics, “nailed it”.

hello from tx

Very much an opportunist…while the Republicans have been sliding away from their values for quite some time (a life-long Republican friend gave them up many years ago) they really created a monster & got what they deserved in taking on the donald “to win”. Now they’re swirling the drain right along with him, and they all deserve to be flushed. trump is truly without values (or should I say value?).

Well certainly his “values” are in question, I’m not sure what they are however. He jumps around possibly because of his populist leanings.

“He jumps around” [on values] because he says whatever b.s. serves his purpose at the moment, IMHO.
His so-called values are self-serving whims.

3 Likes

I see you’re a fan😂

1 Like

im bonnie and i live blue in a red state,

2 Likes

My state changed around me, course the gerrymandering had some impact.

1 Like

Yes! The link is http://wtfjht.slack.com/

Let me know if you need an invite.

Joe

1 Like

Hey all. I don’t know why I didn’t see this forum sooner. I’ve been a wtfjht supporter since the very first post, even bought the t-shirt. I’m a 40-something son of a green-card-holding Trump-supporting Fox-News-acolyte, and have been a (what I thought was only reasonable but now appears to be) raging liberal since college and having my eyes opened to the world outside small-town America. I’m legitimately scared/terrified about a great many things, but have a fairly rational and pragmatic approach to everything, which are sadly now compatible. That’s my fancy story!

Oh also, I’m Jewish, and therefore simultaneously secretly running everything and somehow being a subhuman weakling. What an exciting time to be alive!

7 Likes

Glad you joined us & thanks for the giggles! I needed that…:grin:

1 Like

I need an invite.

1 Like

Hey Everybody! As they say on cable news, “thanks for having me”! I’m Marsha and I’m a trademark attorney living in NYC. My office is only a few blocks from Trump Tower and every time I walk past it, I give it a middle finger salute. According to Facebook, I am “very liberal” and I am a member of a couple of groups including one for Rachel Maddow fans. But I am increasingly disappointed in FB and the people who post inane memes in response to threads of serious discussion. Yesterday a friend posted a link to a recent poll conducted for CNN on the increase in Trump’s supposed acceptance rate (42% - can you believe it?) and there was a flood of responsive posts saying “fake news!” and “Fox News” – my friend and I kept replying “no, it’s a CNN poll, here’s the link, check it out for yourself” to utterly no avail. It was disheartening, to say the least. I tried to explain that “just because you disagree with it, it isn’t fake news” and I was called a NY elitist. So, I’m done and I am so glad there is an alternative where people read and think before they speak. Ranting is ok, as long as it’s informed! Let the games begin.

6 Likes