WTF Community

Round One of the 2020 Presidential Debates

4 Likes

Serious lol on that one

2 Likes

Hannity tonight, claims he likes this new “style” of Debate.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Some ideas for the next debate:

• first/main post as a wiki with informational links to live blogs, preview articles, a streaming YouTube embed, and…??? Maybe a section for a round up of post-debate “analysis” / takeaway type of articles?
  • second post also a wiki with the debate topics and as things go along we can collectively fill it in with a list of key statements/quotes, fact checks or whatever. Might need a captain to run this so it’s organized.
  • free form chat/commenting below like tonight.

I envision the second post w/ the topics relying a lot on linking to the conversation happening in the thread below — almost like a curated list of cherry picked comments, tweets, videos etc.

Any other ideas? I don’t want to be prescriptive, but I think there’s a lot of archival value if we toss a little bit of organization at this :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I read save the top two posts make the 2nd a wiki. Yeah? :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I think so? Or maybe it’s all just combined in the main post, kind of like how your Russia timelines used the first post as the ToC

1 Like

Having the 2nd be a wiki could be useful on most threads. Good format.

2 Likes

Donate

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Can anyone tell me WHY don’t they just cut off the microphones when their 2 minutes are up in a debate? Why on earth does any moderator tolerate this verbal diarrhea from trump?

3 Likes

No idea but it sure feels like these debates are optimized for spectacle than discourse

4 Likes

On the Proud Boys and white supremacy:

On fact-checking it all:

On tactics:

2 Likes
5 Likes

:raised_hands: Thanks Fam!

Closing this thread

conversation continues here

5 Likes