WTF Community

Day 404

Jeez…I would imagine Ivanka and Jared’s pillow talk is probably nothing more than an exchange of what they each learned on any given day. (Thinking about anything beyond that really makes me ill and I’m actually not a prude). I’m sure they’ll find something for Jared to do - maybe make him Ambassador to Israel? He can deal with the transition of the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and the growing antagonism towards the corrupt Netenyahu, not to mention that any chances of ever finding some kind of resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is dead in the water for now. However, I’m not sure that the Orthodox faction in Israel would be too respectful of Jared’s modern Orthodox approach to Judaism. That’s an American convention and not very popular among Israelis who follow Orthodoxy to the letter. But it might be amusing to watch him try to juggle it all.

2 Likes

I have an obvious question about Hick’s testimony. If what I read and hear, she told’little white lies’ to protect Trump. She did not answer questions because she was told not to by Trump and his minions. I am not a lawyer, but is not telling the truth in a government position more than ‘a bit’ wrong? As for myself telling my wife that I ate a donut three weeks ago and told her I did not - and a government employee lying that Trump did not tell the truth, is just a LITTE bit different. And I have to believe that Trump and minions telling Hicks not to answer because Trump said not to - is obstruction of justice into itself. And why will the Republicans not subpoena her to tell the truth?

1 Like

He cannot access top secret materials without clearance. Even Kelly understands that. Should it be found that he has, I believe there are legal remedies to remove him. I further believe that his business dealings are going to catch up to him. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy! Nepotism has been discussed for a year and a half. Now Trump has a family matter on his hands as well as the possibility that he and Kushner could break the law.

I’m pretty sure that your assumption (& that of many others including the media) is incorrect: Hicks was already interviewed by Mueller, and if she cut a deal to stay out of prison (-which is very likely!) then just like Bannon, she is non-responsive to the committee on some issues for good reason: she is protecting the testimony she already gave to Mueller, because the committee she just withheld testimony from is being controlled by some who would report back to trump: they dearly want to know what’s been said, what’s coming, so they can prepare their lies, er, “defense”.
Things are not always what they seem, ya? :wink:

1 Like

:rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::sweat_smile::rofl: You’re killing me today, you know that?

1 Like

And there are Presidential pardons to ensure he’s not prosecuted. I wasn’t being cute when I mentioned pillow talk. I would imagine that there’s a lot discussed at the Kushner residence that is probably classified. I would bet money that Ivanka is not going to stop talking to her husband just because the paperwork didn’t go through. And how would we know, anyhow…unless Obama also had their home wired? :smile: Nothing’s going to happen to Jared; the media may be further shielded from what he’s up to so as to keep up appearances, but knowing this WH, I doubt much will change, clearance or no clearance.

Jared: “Oh…General Kelly, sir. I have no idea how that document ended up in my In Box. My bad for reading it” :blush:.:innocent:
Kelly: “Bad son-in-law. Bad, bad!” :weary:

1 Like

I am glad you got a good feeling from my opinion. You have to assume that Hicks told the truth to Meuller. I truly believe that most of the people who have testified-have at best, not told the whole truth. We have heard many of the minions say they would ’ do anything ’ to protect Trump. Lying would be nothing new. If Hicks told lies to the committee-she would have no trouble telling ‘little white lies’ to anyone. With the holes in this White House, someone will come forward to inform the press or investigators what is really true. Please remember all of the White House people who lied for Nixon-and went to jail, were disbarred or left to wander in infamy. Nixon did not step up to help them, nor will Trump. I believe anyone associated with Trump will go down. Trump will still have his business and hundreds of millions of dollars.

Actually, if (when) they prove that his financial gains are the result of breaking the laws, he won’t. :grin:
It’s Mueller-time. There is a whole lot going on, in terms of charges, at the state level too…watch & see.

And don’t forget, trump can’t even hire the best attorneys any more…because he’s stiffed so many out of their money they no longer care to work for him. LOL!

I also don’t believe he’s as well-off as he pretends…he’s mortgaged to the hilt, & he doesn’t want his taxes looked at in part because that will expose the fact that “the emperor has no clothes” (is broke)!
He’s all “hot air”- promising charitable donations but either they don’t happen, or they happen only with someone else’s money. Totally fake, the whole gang.

The real beauty of having SO many suspects to work with is none of them can be sure of what the others said, much less all the other evidence that Mueller & his extensive team has uncovered. I’m betting it’s plenty. Do you really think that anyone in the FBI would be shocked to find someone lying to them? They eat that for breakfast…and it adds another charge (lying to the FBI).

Yes, many a minion says they’ll do anything to protect trump…but when it comes down to prison, they seem to change their minds, especially when trump treats them like crap on his shoe.

I really do hope that somebody is keeping track of all of it and recording it somewhere. Where are Woodward and Bernstein when we need them? I look forward to the Trump version of “All the President’s Men”. It should be a fascinating read.

Lynn: Like I’ve said before, Mueller will be the saviour.
Rich people have the right people to ensure he remains rich - just might be living in Russia(?)
Trump does not and never has had a living brain cell. BUT, he can pay for the best to make all of the best decisions-then he claims how smart he is.
If this idiot has a 152 IQ (as he has stated multiple times and actually believes) then I have a 200! (I know that I don’t)

I think that is what bothers me the most-and anyone else who thinks for themselves. There is no way to put that much faith in a normal person-let alone Trump. He just uses you up and throws you away. Why, if you dad to pick anyone, would you lie for Trump???

A post was merged into an existing topic: Day 405

Lordy…did I lose a day? I’m spending way too much time watching the news, posting here and obsessing about the state of the nation. Sorry Matt. I will need to change my calendar from the Julian style to Trump time. :grinning:

3 Likes

If Manafort pleads guilty and rats out the rest - I will believe what you say

Be careful what you wish for. Here are some questions to ask yourself. Answers below

What are indictment charges against Manafort?

What are the years indictment charges?

What years did Manafort work with Podesta group?

Who owns Podesta group?

When did Tony Podesta leave his company?

Who is John Podesta?

Answers:
too long to list charges https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000015f-6d73-d751-af7f-7f735cc70000

2006-2016

2012-2014 The Podesta Group was one of six lobbying firms that participated in a 2012–2014 public relations campaign organized by Paul Manafort on behalf of the ECMU and Ukraine’s pro-Russian Party of Regions
“has close ties to the Democratic Party and the Obama administration” Podesta Group - Wikipedia

Brothers John and Tony Podesta

Tony Podesta - Podesta’s decision to leave the firm came on the same day that former Donald Trump campaign aides Paul Manafort and Rick Gates were indicted on multiple charges, including money laundering, operating as federal agents of the Ukrainian government, failing to disclose overseas bank accounts

John Podesta - is a longtime adviser to Clinton and was chairman of Hillary 2016 presidential campaign. John Podesta was a senior counselor to President Barack Obama in 2014 and had previously been lobbying partners with his brother

:roll_eyes:Thanks I needed a good laugh! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’m confused how they could cancel a contract for an EVENT that already took place OVER A YEAR AGO… Surely everything has already occurred and been accounted for? Or is this just one more person they stiffed…

1 Like

It’s not about how much was paid. It’s about the optics – everything is a reality TV show with the Trumps.

3 Likes