WTF Community

Introduce Yourself!

:wave: hi suzy! welcome!

1 Like

susan a retired person from the people’s republic of Santa Monica , a lovely bubble within a bubble. i still feel guilty that i did not know so many folks were soooo unhappy before this …um, administration. i am willing to see changes. Maybe the Dems went too far with regulations. i know social change (which i am totally ok with) is challenging for many, particularly the speed (which made me really happy), but the actions of the current group in power often seems …well, like throwing the baby and the bath water and the tub out. i am heartened by the increased interest in public policy, running for office, vocalizing issues and changing what we got wrong in gerrymandering… and then i notice that my attention to “wall of us” actions, is well, waaaay down. we have such sort attention spans. Oh, and i am a painter…not of any use whatsoever.

3 Likes

Wanna paint a WTFJHT protest poster? :wink:

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Alexandra. I’m a Southerner living in San Francisco — a former journalist turned digital media extraordinaire. Kinda fits why I’d enjoy WTFJHT so much — and why I believe it’s the future of journalism. (Matt, you’ve been mentioned in my master’s thesis thrice already.)

What’s happening right now in our federal government is scary. Thanks, Matt.

(Side note: I finally decided to sit down and read The History of the World by J.M. Roberts so that I can gain some further insight as history tends to repeat itself and all that.)

4 Likes

Say whaaa??? Where are you doing your master’s?

Also, is that a Grizzlies jersey? Go Dubs. :yellow_heart::blue_heart:

University of Memphis, graduating in December. In case you’re curious, my thesis is on the digital adaptation of newspapers post-financial collapse of 2008.

2 Likes

Aaaaand you’re dead to me. JK, my favorite player is Conley, who will gladly take on Curry any day. :slight_smile:

edit: Except for now or the rest of this season due to his injury. :expressionless:

1 Like

I’m G Marie! I am delighted to be part of this amazing group! I have been following WTFJHT since the beginning and it has been keeping me sane! I’m a retired adult education teacher. I am married and we are proud dog parents of 4! Looking forward to engaging in civil discourse.

3 Likes

Welcome! What kind of dogs?

Retired, living in rural Va, advocate for conservation and healthcare

3 Likes

:wave: Welcome! Glad to have your perspective

Thank you. We have 2 miniature dachshunds, 1 dachshund/chihuahua mix, and 1 beagle mix :smile:

Hi gang. I’m a Democrat, a retired addiction counselor, a grandma, house wife and artist. As a member of the local Democratic Committee here in Mt. Lebanon, PA, I’m campaigning for Conor Lamb in a special election to replace Tim Murphy, and excited about progress on correcting unfair gerrymandering. MSNBC, CNN, NBC and NPR keep me up to date on political news, all of which increases my general anxiety level, but I’m hooked. I LOVE wtfjht and read it daily, occasionally diving into the links.

4 Likes

Call me deckbose. I live in NYC, where the Resistance is strong. And even though I’ve been in NYC for more than 4 decades, I don’t consider myself a New Yorker. I grew up in Minnesota, Virginia, Ohio and Massachusetts, before I came to Manhattan for a higher education. I’m a writer and editor, with three novels and nine screenplays to my credit, though I’ve only sold a small percentage of that total, and I now edit a website for unpaid family caregivers. If you’re in the baby boomer demographic, chances are very good that you’re facing the difficult decisions that come with aging and infirm parents, and that’s where our website comes in. Let me know if this is the kind of help you’ve been searching for. Otherwise, my goals are all about restoring democracy and the rule of law to this nation. And I’m not real patient with people who don’t see the danger of 45.

3 Likes

So, are you a This Is Us fan or… no?

I hear you. I’m not real patient with people who expect me to be good at grammar. Just because I write a blog/newsletter, doesn’t mean I know wtf I’m doing!

(just kidding… sort of)

5 Likes

As the man who jumped off a 10-story building was heard to say after 5 flights, “So far, so good.”

I’m Erica from Seattle. Im a middle school teacher so insanity is my daily life. WTF helps me deal with the insanity in our national politics. Thanks for your daily take on the news. It helps me figure out what I really need to pay attention to.

3 Likes

:evergreen_tree: Seattle in the house!!

2 Likes