WTF Community

Introduce Yourself!

Sounds like all you need is a crash course in conservation. Which is easy enough.

Hi @dank, care to share with us a little bit about yourself and how you found our awesome community of WTFJHT? This is the introduction thread and I’m curious to hear yours, beyond the fact that you miss Slack lol :wink:

1 Like

Hello there… WTFers(?)! … Hm maybe that’s not a great community name. Feel free to reply with opinions.

Anywho, Hi! I’m Rachel. curtsies I’m a software developer in San Antonio, Texas. I was transplanted to Texas from Canada when I was young. I love both of my countries, while I am fully aware that both have their issues. It’s just that the issues in the States are a lot more scary at the moment. Some of my top concerns are healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, refugees, and not dying in thermonuclear war.

Trying to keep up with all the news and tweets was seriously aggravating my anxiety and I found that I had to either increase my medication or stop paying attention to the world around me. WTFJHT has helped me stay informed without being so incredibly overwhelmed. Thanks, @matt!

I want to be more active in politics, but the aforementioned anxiety keeps me from things like phone calls and protests. Doing anything at the state level seems futile. I want to feel less helpless and hopefully interacting with others in civil discourse will help.

I’m on twitter.

3 Likes

:wave: hi! welcome!

3 Likes

Hey there!! :wave:t2:

I’m Scott, a retired Marine who after 9 years as a Defense Contractor decided to take a California state job. I specialize in telecommunications. Really happy I found WTFJHT because I’m pretty sure I say that every time something comes out of D.C.

4 Likes

My name is Clarissa and I am a feminist middle schooler who lives in California. My Twitter and Tumblr are both under @clarissaramosof

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Shane. Once upon a time about 12 years ago, I was a proud Republican. I joined the Army and went to Iraq twice and spent another 2 years on South Korea. I guess it was the war that really got me thinking about life, what I truly believe, and what values that I have. I slowly realized that I was not a Republican at all and that I was basically influenced by the people around me. After getting out of the military, I went to college and got a bachelors in business and got a job in the corporate world. I’m about to begin graduate school next month.Oh…and I’m married with 3 kids so I’m a pretty busy guy. I used to love politics but in recent months, its been hard to swallow. That’s why I love WTFJHT.

6 Likes

Hey everybody, I’m Kimi Wei, a Chinese Jew in northern New Jersey about 12 minutes from the George Washington Bridge to Manhattan. I’m an activist around social and environmental justice and sustainability.

My family is me and two grown sons – Ivan, who is developing a “green” landscaping business and Ari, who’s a journalism student at Montclair State U. We are beekeepers and homesteaders and take on sustainability projects as a team.

We also have a little communications and printing company.

5 Likes

I just quit soda after drinking it most of my 38 years on this planet. I switched to LaCroix and I’m actually loving it. I love the coconut and the tangerine is good too. I figured it was time to be more healthy – 40 is peeking around the corner :grimacing:
Then again, I might never get to see 40 if trump keeps up his shit. :scream:

3 Likes

I love LaCroix been drinking it for years…But my new obsession is Hint Water, both the regular infused water (watermelon or raspberry are my favorites), and the new sparkling varieties are pretty awesome too.

1 Like

Hi. My name is Alicia and I am launching a new venture focused on making taking action simple and frictionless all done with a comedic twist. I absolutely love WTF newsletter and look forward to it and always learn something. I would love to see if anyone might be interested in being a beta tester for my new venture with really the idea just being to help me deliver something different and useful to all of us who want to engage and make change happen. Nothing more than that. Reply if you are interested and I can tell you how you can be a beta tester. thanks so much and looking forward to being part of the community.

1 Like

Hi! I am Susan, aka, “Teach.” I am a high school English teacher in a large urban school district. Education is my main issue. Both Democrats and Republicans have failed to support public education. My second big issue is the environment. I love the outdoors and hike/backpack as much as possible. My third big issue is women’s health care. I support Planned Parenthood.

3 Likes

Education and environment, I am with you there.

1 Like

:wave: hey Clarissa!

1 Like

Love La Croix. Especially the grapefruit flavor

1 Like

Lime and grapefruit all the fuckin way! It’s secretly crack tho right? Don’t care I’ll die happy lol.
Welcome to the new guys! :clinking_glasses::blush:

1 Like

Yeah, I gave up diet soda about 5 years back now, and was trying to only drink regular soda, just to hold myself accountable for my soda drinking. I initially wasn’t a huge fan of sparkling water, but these days I absolutely love the stuff. I’m a cherry lime fan (tall cans 4 lyfe!), but mango and apricot round out my top 3.
Recently I’ve (mostly) given up sugar, so no more regular soda either. I became a La Croix fiend. And then we up and moved to the UK which has no La Croix, and no replacement for it. I’ve just been drinking sad plain sparkling water and dreaming of my next La Croix.

I’m Lena. I live and work in the DMV area. I care about almost everything. I hope to keep up with all the crazy stuff that’s happening in America. I’ll probably be a frequent reader, spotty poster/replier. Thank you for creating this forum. I look forward to learning new things.

2 Likes

Mmmm. Love me some peach sparkling hint water.
I’m also a fan of Dasani sparkling water too. I will buy out the whole stock of Raspberry Lemonade. Pineapple is also remarkably good, and tastes exactly like a pineapple Fanta, without the sugar.

I am from the midwest (Pence’s hometown actually). That fact alone makes me crazy, but what is going on with this administration makes me even crazier.The daily deluge of information is drowning me; WTF is like sipping from drinking fountain instead of being blasted with a firehose! Thanks for being around! xoxo

2 Likes